Foundation / Corporation
Lake Shore Savings
Grants of up to $2,500 to New York nonprofits for community benefit and initiatives that address the unmet needs of community members in Chautauqua and Erie Counties. Preference will be given to projects that aim to impact the most number of people and that use innovative, efficient approaches to address community issues. Other priorities include:
- Community development and investment projects serving the needs of the low to moderate income population or geographies
- Projects which have the greatest potential impact on the community
- Requests which will assist those citizens whose needs are not met by existing programs or services, particularly low to moderate income recipients
- Projects which promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement
- Community economic development
- Financial education
Priority will be given to those organizations who work cooperatively with other agencies in the community to encourage efficient use of community resources and elimination of duplicated services. Priority will be given to projects and activities that expect to test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques in the solutions of community problems.
Special projects that are sponsored by educational or religious institutions will be considered only if they benefit the community as a whole.
Careful consideration will be given to the commitment and composition of the requesting organization's board, officers, and project leaders. The organization must be able to show that they have the fiscal responsibility, management qualifications and the ability to complete, deliver or provide the services or programs for which the contribution is requested.
GrantWatch ID#: 174048
Except in unusual circumstances, the largest contribution made will be $2,500, with most of the contributions in smaller amounts.
Contributions will be made for one year at a time with no commitment for ongoing projects.
The Community Reinvestment Fund is making money available to area clubs, sports organizations, civic groups, schools, charitable organizations and others.
Organizations whose activities or programs directly benefit Chautauqua and Erie County. If the organization is not physically located in Lake Shore Saving's service area, the contributions received from the Community Reinvestment Fund must be earmarked for local programs and activities.
Organizations must have 501C3 status.
Contributions will usually not be made to capital campaigns to establish or add to endowment funds, general operating budgets of existing organizations, publications of books or programs, conferences, or annual fund raising campaigns.
Contributions will not normally be made to supplant tax funds for projects or activities that would ordinarily receive public support.
Applications will normally not be considered for:
2. Capital campaigns to establish or add to endowment funds.
3. General operating budgets of existing organizations.
4. Publications of books or programs, conferences will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. Annual fund raising campaigns.
6. Political campaigns
7. Supplant tax funds for projects or activities that would ordinarily receive public support.
8. Government funded agencies and school systems.
10. Organizations and projects outside the bank’s service area of Chautauqua and Erie Counties, WNY.
Deadlines: June 1, December 1
Applicants will be notified by the first of the following month (July and January respectively) and payments will be made on the 15th of that month.
The application and a copy of the latest financial statement of your organization (if available) should be submitted to: Community Reinvestment Fund at any Lake Shore Savings branch office.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Please submit applications to:
Community Reinvestment Fund
Lake Shore Savings Bank
Attn: CRA Officer
31 E. Fourth St.
Dunkirk, N. Y. 14048
Applications may also be dropped off at any Lake Shore Savings branch location.
Online contact form:
USA: New York: Chautauqua and Erie County