Foundation / Corporation
Saint Luke's Foundation
09/09/19 - 11:59 PM for Regular Grants; Discretionary Grants are accepted on a rolling basis.
Grants of up to $15,000 and grants starting at $15,000 to Ohio nonprofits and agencies for programs that benefit residents of Cuyahoga County. Applicants must meet with program staff in advance of submitting an application. Programs areas include health equity, education, housing and financial stability, neighborhood revitalization, active living, and healthy food programs.
The board has set forth the following priorities for 7/1/2018 - 12/31/2019:
- Abate environmental triggers (such as lead and mold) affecting safety of housing
- Demolition and rehabilitation in the Saint Luke's neighborhood (Buckeye, Woodland Hills, Mt. Pleasant and Shaker Square/Larchmere)
- Efforts related to sustaining and building thriving commercial corridors in the Saint Luke's neighborhood
- Improve public safety in the Saint Luke's neighborhood
- Increase education and awareness of the effects of trauma and toxic stress and prepare organizations to better equipped to handle this
- School and community infrastructure around availability of fresh, local and healthy food
- Policy efforts involving Medicaid
- Education and registration of voters in disenfranchised neighborhoods in Cuyahoga County
- Effective lead legislation
Saint Luke's provides funding for the following:
- General operating
- Program support
- Capacity building
- Capital projects
Please note that organizations addressing all of the Saint Luke’s strategy areas may be considered after consultation with program staff at the Foundation. Priority areas will be given special consideration, but are not requisite for funding.
Requests for discretionary funding will be considered for time-sensitive or one-time requests under $15,000 that are tied to the funding strategy. These might include leveraging or matching opportunities, capacity building, or grants to organizations who are just starting a relationship with the Foundation. Discretionary dollars can also be used for special projects such as a strategic plan or summer program initiative. Finally, discretionary grants can be used to fund pilot projects.
GrantWatch ID#: 174081
Discretionary Grants: $15,000 or less
Other Applications: Starting at $15,000
Funds may be requested for up to three years.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To schedule a meeting in advance of submitting an application, contact:
For technical questions regarding the online proposal:
Kristen Summers, Grants Manager
Saint Luke's Foundation
11327 Shaker Blvd, Suite 600W
Cleveland, Ohio 44104
USA: Ohio: Cuyahoga County