Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $2,500 to Alberta municipalities and organizations to participate in a one-time event that brings together local teenage girls through sports and active lifestyle. Other potential programs may focus on the areas of body image, nutrition, and overall health. Funding is intended to create a fun and inviting atmosphere and provide opportunities for girls to socialize and participate in physical activities.
Go Girl is a one‐day event aimed at supporting teenage girls to adopt a more physically active lifestyle. Teen girls are invited to spend the day trying a variety of physical activity pursuits. Past Go Girl events have included such activities as Pilates, power yoga, hip hop, kickboxing, weight training, Ultimate Frisbee, and much more.
Activity leaders provide the participants with information and resources to assist them to further pursue the sports and activities they liked most. In some cases, information sessions dealing with a variety of health and wellness topics such as body image and nutrition are offered. InMotion Network will evaluate each community’s proposed activities for suitability.
- Promote and support healthy, active lifestyles for teen girls in the province of Alberta
- Provide communities with the support and resources to host their own Go Girl events
- Encourage recipient communities to establish a local network and programs to ensure ongoing support of teen girls’ physical activity following a Go Girl event.
- Provide girls with a low cost, community based event in a supervised recreational setting
- Provide opportunities for girls to actively engage in a variety of indoor and outdoor physical activities of choice, including both individual and team sports
- Provide participants with essential information to pursue activities of their choice
- Meet needs of girls of different ability levels, ages and cultural backgrounds
- Ensure a fun and inviting atmosphere along with opportunities for girls to socialize and meet new people
Costs that are eligible to be covered by this grant include: materials/supplies, marketing and promotion, honorariums (itemized and specific), equipment rentals including entertainment, food and refreshments, first aid, and volunteer needs (itemized and specific).
GrantWatch ID#: 174092
InMotion Network provides Go Girl grants up to a maximum of $2,500.
Funding is for programs running between January and April, 2018.
InMotion Network will accept proposals from municipalities and community organizations/groups whose primary mandate is to support development of children, youth and families through the provision of physical activity, sport and recreation opportunities.
Costs that are not eligible to be covered from the funding received include: purchase of capital items, wages and salaries related to administration.
Grant deadlines are as follows:
December 1 for programs running between January and April.
April 1 for programs running between May and August.
August 1 for programs running between September and December.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to:
Ella Mayer, Executive Director