Foundation / Corporation
Grants of up to $2,500 to Alberta municipalities and organizations for programming that encourages girls, ages 10 - 14, to experience fun sports activities together. Funding is intended to provide active lifestyle opportunities for girls from disadvantaged backgrounds, such as limitations in income, location, culture, family, or perceived ability.
Girls in Motion is a “girl-friendly” program that provides high-quality recreational, sport/physical activity programs specifically for girls in Alberta. Girls in Motion programs are community run and organized and are made to order based on the needs of individual communities.
- To provide recreational and sport physical activity programs specifically for girls
- To encourage girls to participate in these and other recreational, sport/physical activities;
- To facilitate the effective delivery of quality physical activity opportunities for girls in safe/positive environments
Program activities for participants must:
- Allow for a combination of self-directed and staff/volunteer directed activities – with plenty of choice
- Encourage skill development
- Be considerate of cultural, racial and linguistic diversity, body types, abilities and individual uniqueness
- Be interspersed with opportunities for social interaction to encourage cooperation and friendship
- Ensure opportunities for girls to express their wants and needs within the program
- Provide leadership opportunities for girls where interest and readiness warrants
Costs that are eligible to be covered by this grant include: materials/supplies, marketing and promotion, honorariums (itemized and specific), equipment rentals including entertainment, food and refreshments, first aid, and volunteer needs (itemized and specific).
GrantWatch ID#: 174093
Up to $2,500
Funding is for programs running between January and April, 2018.
Alberta municipalities and community-based organizations may apply.
Costs that are not eligible to be covered from the funding received include: purchase of capital items, wages and salaries related to administration.
December 1 for programs running between January and April.
April 1 for programs running between May and August.
August 1 for programs running between September and December.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to:
Ella Mayer, Executive Director