Foundation / Corporation
The Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) - The Erma A. Bantz Foundation
Grants to Greater Cincinnati area, Ohio nonprofit organizations for programs, projects, and/or services that aim to improve the lives of people suffering from hearing loss and/or visual impairments. Letters of Intent are due October 1, 2017. For the purposes of these grants, the Greater Cincinnati area includes the counties of Hamilton, Butler, Clermont, and Warren.
For these grants, sixty percent of the assets of the Foundation will be devoted to organizations serving the visually impaired, and forty percent of the assets of the Foundation will be devoted to organizations serving the hearing impaired.
GrantWatch ID#: 174095
- The Bantz Foundation makes grants to Greater Cincinnati organizations serving the visually impaired and hearing impaired.
- Applicants must have an IRS determination as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
- In most cases, organizations must be located in the Ohio counties of Hamilton, Butler, Clermont, and Warren.
Please Note: The Foundation usually prefers to participate along with other donors in the support of a specific project.
- The Foundation will not provide continuing operational support to any grantee, and discourages annual requests.
- Grantees are advised to wait at least one year from the date of last grant payment before reapplying to the Foundation. An organization that has previously had an application declined by the Foundation may resubmit an application after six months from the date its original application was declined.
- Grants will not be made to individuals, taxing authorities, or political subdivisions.
LOI Deadline: May 1
Proposal Deadline: June 1
Notification of Decision: July 31
LOI Deadline: October 1
Proposal Deadline: November 1
Notification of Decision: December 31
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be the next business day.
A downloadable applicant tutorial can be found in Supporting Documents below.
Or view a video tutorial on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etScRJXC2bE
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to complete and submit the online LOI: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=3QVk173peTmbXUmtaVod3Q2
For more information contact:
Jennie Geisheimer, Grants Manager
Directors of the Foundation:
C. Gregory Schmidt, Esq.
William J. Liss, Esq.
600 Vine Street, Suite 2700
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
USA: Ohio: Hamilton, Butler, Clermont, and Warren counties