Foundation / Corporation
The Wells County Foundation
10/15/18 4:00 PM Receipt
Grants to Wells County, Indiana nonprofit organizations for programs, projects, and services that will enhance the quality of life for residents. Funding is intended for the focus areas of arts and culture, education, youth, civic affairs, community development, environment, animal welfare, human services, health, and recreation.
In reviewing grant proposals, the Foundation gives careful consideration to:
- The potential impact of the request and the number of people benefited;
- An innovative approach;
- The degree to which the applicant works with or complements the services of other community organizations;
- The extent of local volunteer involvement and local support for the project;
- The organization’s demonstrated fiscal responsibility and management qualification;
- The possibility of using the grant as seed money for matching funds from additional sources;
- The ability of the organization to obtain necessary additional funding to implement the project; and
- The ability of the organization to provide ongoing funding after the term of the grant has expired.
GrantWatch ID#: 174201
In general, the Foundation does not award multi-year grants.
Nonprofit organizations in Wells County may apply.
Grants are not usually made to individuals. Awards to make up operating deficits, post-event, or after-the-fact situations will not be made.
The Foundation operates without discrimination as to race, national origin, religion, gender, gender preference, age, or disability or that perceived as a disability in the consideration of grant requests. Likewise, grants will be awarded only to those organizations operating without the aforementioned discriminations.
Requests for support of projects presented by religious groups will be considered if a general community need is being met and the project does not promote the teachings or doctrine of a particular church or religious organization. No grants will be made to any political organization or to support attempts to influence the legislation of any governing body other than through making available to the community at large the results of non-partisan analysis, study, and/or research.
All grant requests must be received in the office by 4:00 PM the day of the deadline.
The most efficient way of making initial contact with The Wells County Foundation, Inc. is by a phone call. Be prepared to give a brief description of the purpose for the grant request.
Grant application instructions:
Types of funds:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The completed proposal and supporting materials may be mailed or delivered to:
360 N. Main Street, Suite C
Bluffton, IN 46714
For questions, please call the Foundation office at 260-824-8620.
USA: Indiana: Wells County