Foundation / Corporation
Bryan Area Foundation - Millcreek-West Unity Area Foundation
Grants to Ohio nonprofits for programs and projects that enhance the quality of life in the West Unity and Williams County area. Funding is generally intended to support the launch of new projects that offer a unique opportunity for the community, to generate matching funds, and to support established organizations for special purposes.
The Foundation makes grants to increase the capacity of Williams County’s not-for-profit organizations to respond effectively to the needs of the community. In general, the Foundation prefers funding for:
- Start-up costs for new programs
- One-time projects or needs
- Capital needs beyond an applicant's capabilities and means
GrantWatch ID#: 174237
Once a grant is received, the Foundation anticipates that the funds shall be expended within 12 months of being awarded.
The Foundation board is reluctant to approve grants to any organization for multi-year grant requests. (Please contact the Foundation office before submitting a multi-year grant request).
The Foundation makes grants to tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations operating or proposing to operate programs primarily for the benefit of Williams County residents.
The Foundation will not normally consider grants from unrestricted funds for the following purposes:
- Individuals other than scholarships (separate applications exist for the scholarship program)
- Programs that are strictly religious or sectarian in purpose
- Make-up of operating deficits, post-event or after-the-fact situations
- Endowment campaigns
- For any propaganda, political or otherwise, attempting to influence legislation or intervene in any political affairs or campaigns.
In addition, the Foundation board is reluctant to approve grants to any organization for the purpose of maintaining an on-going operating budget. However, exceptions to this may be made at the discretion of the Board.
Please submit a grant application well in advance of the deadline.
The Foundation Board considers grants four times each year – in December, March, June, and September. Completed applications must be received at the Foundation office by 12:00 PM (NOON) on:
- September 30 for consideration in December
- December 31 for consideration in March
- March 31 for consideration in June
- June 30 for consideration in September
If the deadline date falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline for applications will be the first workday PRIOR to the deadline (e.g. Friday, if the deadline falls on a weekend).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Completed typewritten application forms should be delivered to the Foundation’s office at:
110 S. Walnut Street
Bryan, OH 43506.
PO Box 651
Bryan, OH 43506
USA: Ohio: The West Unity and Williams County area