Foundation / Corporation
Adams Legacy Foundation
Grants ranging between $5,000 and $20,000 to California and Ohio nonprofits for programs focused on nature and how it may impact areas in everyday life. LOI is due October 15. Funding will be awarded to programs that connect nature to the areas of education, conservation of land and wildlife, art and architecture, food and clean water systems, and the re-integration of military personnel into civilian life. Programs should benefit individuals, families, and local communities.
The Foundation is interested in programs and projects that are:
- Outdoors / in open space / wilderness / possibly camps
- Away from electronics
- Experiential / hands on
- Immersive experiences
- Unstructured / allow for free/personal time
- Inquiry based
- Longer term (i.e. longer than a couple of hours, usually over a couple of days
- Supportive of open space preservation
GrantWatch ID#: 174270
$5,000 - $20,000
501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, that believes its mission is a match for the Foundation, are welcome to apply.
The Foundation will only fund nonprofit organizations that reside in either California or Ohio.
The Foundation is NOT interested in programs and projects that are:
- Environmental/Ecology education (i.e. technical, structured, classroom type experiences)
- Environmental advocacy
- Structured / classroom-type experiences
- Short term / one-time
Step 1: Create an Account
- Select one login email address/password to be used for all your submissions
- Provide the email address of the person ultimately responsible for the grant administration. The Adams Legacy Foundation will communicate all pertinent information to this email address.
Step 2: Complete the On-Line Letter of Inquiry
- LOIs are accepted anytime between April 15 and October 15.
- All LOIs are processed after October 15 and are responded to by November 15.
Step 3: If LOI is Approved, Complete the On-Line Grant Application
- Applications are Due on or before January 15.
- Decisions will be made and grantees notified by mid-March.
Step 4: If Approved for a Grant, Complete Progress/Completion Reports
- Progress/Completion reports are due December 31.
Funding Focus: http://www.adamslegacyfoundation.org/index.html
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=oVBumf2XVy9f6srGQ3O6Jok-Pj0wR0Ei2AUQGxYchnw1
Blair Carty, Executive Director
Adams Legacy Foundation
PO Box 1957
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Phone: (562) 431-0011
USA: California; Ohio