Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of South Central Kentucky - Women’s Fund of South Central Kentucky
08/14/17 5:00 PM
Grants of $5,000 and one larger grant to South Central Kentucky nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies for programs and projects that benefit local women and/or children and promote gender equity. For the purposes of this grant, the South Central Kentucky area includes the following Counties: Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson, and Warren.
Consideration is given to organizations that demonstrate:
- Commitment to long-range planning, financial stability, and sustainability of the project
- Specific and measurable goals for project evaluation
- Sound plan to address ongoing or emerging women’s and/or children’s issues that have been identified by research
- Desire to promote coordination and collaboration among organizations or institutions to prevent duplication of services
- Project methodology utilizing a preventative approach to addressing the issues and solving problems
- Evidence of realistic organizational planning and management
Project Areas considered for funding:
The program or project for which funding is being requested must address at least one or more of the following areas:
- Capital Projects: Small capital projects that will be completed within two years from the date of the grant award.
- Community Development: Activities that benefit women and/or children in the community or address gender equity issues within all segments of the population.
- Education: Activities that promote or strengthen the educational attainment of women and/or children, both in and out of the classroom.
- Health: Activities that improve the health outcomes for women and/or children
- Human Services: Activities that support public protection, employment/jobs, food and nutrition, agriculture, housing and shelter, public safety, disaster preparedness and relief for women and/or children.
- Endowment Creation: Up to 25% of the grant may be utilized as matching funds to assist with the establishment of an endowment fund to provide a future funding source for the project. The grantee organization will have two years to complete the match requirement. The endowment fund will be established and held by The Community Foundation of South Central Kentucky. In the event that some of the grant goes unmatched, funds will revert back to the Women’s Fund Endowment.
- Other Civic Endeavors: Other activities that will improve the quality of life for women and/or children in South Central Kentucky.
The project may be a new program, an expansion or modification of an existing program, or be a collaborative effort of several agencies.
GrantWatch ID#: 174402
There will be four finalists selected from eight semifinalists. One of the four finalists will be selected to receive the Impact Grant, with the other three finalists receiving recognition grants.
This year’s Impact Grant amount is $100,000, with the other three finalists receiving recognition grants of $5,000 each.
Grant Period Funded “projects” must begin within (6) six months and be completed within (2) two years from the date the grant is received. Funded “programs” must begin within (6) six months and be completed up to (5) five years from the date the grant is received.
Consideration will be given to nonprofit organizations that are deemed tax-exempt under sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies serving the afore mentioned area.
Organizations (including co-applicants) that have received a grant from the Women’s Fund as either an individual recipient or a collaborative partner must wait five years to reapply for the Women’s Fund grant. This restriction does not apply to organizations that have received “finalist” awards.
An agency may submit only one grant application per year.
Project Areas Not Considered For Funding:
- Projects or programs of organizations that are not committed to gender equity. Applicant organizations are expected to have established female leadership on their staff and board and generally promote gender equity within the community.
- Requests for funding to reduce or retire debt of the organization.
- Projects that focus on the spiritual needs of individuals.
- Political parties or campaigns
- Operating costs not directly related to the proposed project (the organization’s general operating expenses including equipment, staff salary, rent and utilities).
- Event sponsorships, annual appeals, and membership contributions.
- Travel expenses for groups or individuals such as bands, sports teams, or classes.
- Scholarships or other grants to individuals.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the Grant Guidelines.
Click on the link in the Attached Files section below to download the application and budget worksheet.
The applications are due by August 14th in the Community Foundation’s office by 5pm. Call ahead before you drop off to make sure someone is in the office.
The Women’s Fund grants committee will review grant proposals and select eight semi-finalists for site visits by the grant committee. All applicants will receive formal notification of the outcome of the review process on September 5th after 12:00.
Please Note: If your organization is one of the (8) eight semi- finalists a representative is required to attend an orientation meeting on September 7th at 8am at BKD, LLP. Site visits will be scheduled at that time.
Once the committee has completed its review and investigation of proposals, four organizations will be selected as finalists and will be invited to give an oral presentation of their projects at the Women’s Fund annual meeting. The Fund’s membership will conduct a vote at the conclusion of the presentations, and the organization whose project receives the majority of votes will be awarded the grant at the annual meeting. No lobbying or solicitation of Women’s Fund representatives is permitted.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Deliver your completed signed proposal with all attachments requested to:
The Community Foundation of South Central Kentucky
810 College Street
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Questions: Call Jennifer Wethington at 270-904-2079 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Kentucky: Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Monroe, Simpson, and Warren Counties