Foundation / Corporation
The Community Foundation for South Central New York - Community Fund
09/07/18 4:00 PM
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $15,000 to South Central New York nonprofits, agencies, and public school systems to address community needs. LOIs are due two weeks prior to the deadline. Funding is available for programs, economic and community development, operating support, capital requests, and capacity building.
Eligible counties include Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego, and Tioga.
The Foundation funds grants in the areas of:
– Programs that address a specific, demonstrated community need.
– Proposals for property purchase, equipment purchase, facilities improvement, and capital campaigns. A minimum of 2 estimates must accompany a capital request.
– Proposals that are requesting short-term support to increase long-term sustainability.
- Proposals that build organizational capacity and do not qualify for NYCON’s (New York Council on Non-Profits) mini grant program.
Economic and Community Development
- Proposals that strengthen the community by strengthening the local economy. Proposals that encourage local ownership and development of local resources will also be considered.
GrantWatch ID#: 174420
The minimum award will be $5,000 and the maximum award will remain $15,000.
Eligible applicants are:
- Any 501(c)(3) where a grant will benefit significantly (but not necessarily exclusively) the residents of the Foundation’s service area: Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and/or Tioga counties.
- Certain local government agencies, municipalities, and public school systems within the Foundation’s service area.
- Organizations requiring a 501(c)(3) as a fiscal sponsor may be eligible to apply.
The Foundation does not support requests for:
- Funding to reimburse an organization for costs that were incurred prior to the date the grant was awarded.
- Funding to pay existing mortgages
-Grants to individuals
-Funding for religious purposes
-Funding to organizations that have so many counterparts (e.g. scout troops, ambulance squads, volunteer or municipal fire departments, individual schools within a school district, individual school classrooms, PTAs) that it would be difficult to assess the relative merits of similar proposals.
In 2018, deadlines for receipt of proposals for Community Fund will be 4:00 PM September 7, 2018.
The Foundation only invites proposals after reviewing a letter of inquiry. All inquiries are due two weeks prior to the deadline. If the inquiry is in-line with the guidelines, you will be sent the link to complete the application. If not, Tina Barber, Program Officer will be in touch to discuss why you are not eligible to apply.
Contact Tina Barber if you are unable to access information on-line or if you will need a paper application. Please do not submit a paper application unless you’ve been instructed to do so.
For an online video application tutorial click here:
How to apply:
Forms and guidelines:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online here:
Tina Barber, Program Officer
The Community Foundation for South Central New York
520 Columbia Drive, Suite 100
Johnson City New York 13790
USA: New York: Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego, and Tioga Counties