Foundation / Corporation
Visit Gainesville Alachua County, FL
03/29/18 4:00 PM - Receipt
Grants of up to $10,000 to Florida area corporate, association, and nonprofit, public and privately-funded planners to host events that increase hotel room stays in the Gainesville and Alachua County area. The goal of these grants is to enhance Alachua County as a destination by contributing to the development of tourism.
Priority for grant funding will be given to projects that have the greatest potential for bringing visitors to Alachua County who will stay in overnight in hotels, motels, bed and breakfast inns, RV parks and campgrounds.
To qualify, meeting professionals must complete the grant application and satisfy a number of criteria including confirming that their meeting or event produced hotel room nights in Gainesville or Alachua County.
The Visit Gainesville Alachua County FL Conference Grant is an excellent marketing and recruiting incentive for area hoteliers and facility managers to offer potential incoming meetings and conferences.
Examples of Allowable Expenses:
- Printing for the event
- Postage pertaining to the event
- Advertisements and promotion for the event including television, radio, newspaper, magazines, billboards and signage on highways entering Alachua County
- Preparation of presentation materials, such as brochures, slides, etc.
- Transportation within Alachua County while event is being held, i.e., bus transportation to take participants to event site, dining, local attractions, etc.
- Souvenir items that have the Alachua County logo on them
- Rental fees for use of a facility, such as the Stephen C. O’Connell Center, banquet facilities, etc. for the event
- Any other appropriate expenses needed for the event allowable under Section 125.0104, Florida Statutes
GrantWatch ID#: 174444
Individual grants cap at $10,000.
The March 1, 2018 grant cycle is for conferences taking place April 25, 2018-September 30, 2020.
Grants are available to corporate, association, or nonprofit, public or privately - funded planners.
To be an eligible applicant the applicant must be a properly established entity.
Payment will only be made to the organization receiving the grant. No payments will be made directly to vendors or individuals.
Examples of Non-Allowable Expenses:
- Sales tax cannot be reimbursed by Tourist Development Tax Funds
- Annual operating expenses to the Corporation that are not directly related to the event
- Costs for applying for the grant including typing, paper, postage; or the cost of resale items that will be sold at a profit
- Any other expenses that are not allowable under State Statutes
Conference Grant Workshop:
Wednesday March 7, 2018 at 10am
Grace Knight Conference Room on the 2nd floor of the County Administration Building (12 SE 1st St, Gainesville, FL 32601)
Grant cycle opens: March 1, 2018, for conferences taking place April 25, 2018 - September 30, 2020.
Grants are due by: Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 4pm
Note: Funds are available upon completion of conference.
Tourist Development Tax grants will provide funds for up to 50% of the budget for the total costs of an approved event, up to a maximum of $10,000, subject to the funds allocated to the grant program.
Applicants must provide 50% cash match or 25% cash match and 25% in-kind match of the budget for the total cost of an approved event. Examples of in-kind match are: donated goods and services, facilities, etc.
For additional information, planners may contact Kelly Aleman or Kathy Munden.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications should be mailed to:
Alachua County Visitors and Convention Bureau
30 East University Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32601
(352) 374-5260 or toll-free at (866)778-5002
USA: Florida: Gainesville and Alachua County