Foundation / Corporation
San Angelo Area Foundation (SAAF)
Grants to Texas nonprofit organizations and governmental units for a wide range of programs and projects that benefit those living in the San Angelo area. Rather than limit its discretionary grant making to a particular field or area of interest, the Funding Source seeks to support the entire range of human needs in the San Angelo area.
For the purposes of these grants, the San Angelo Area includes the following Counties: Tom Green, Crockett, Sutton, Kimble, Mason, Menard, Schleicher, Reagan, Irion, Concho, McCulloch, Runnels, Coke, Llano, San Saba, Glasscock, and Sterling Counties.
Because the Foundation's resources are limited, the Directors are required to make judgments based on relative need and potential impact.
Preference is given to applications that:
- Enable charitable agencies to perform essential services that reduce costs, increase efficiency, become more self-sufficient, and strengthen internal management capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong volunteer involvement and broad community support and significantly strengthen the capacity of existing institutions to reach a broader segment of the community.
- Are developed in consultation with other agencies and planning groups and those that promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and eliminate duplication of services.
GrantWatch ID#: 174564
To be eligible for funding the applicant organization must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization as defined in Section 509(a)(1) and/or Section 170(b)(1)(a)(vi) or Section 509(a)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code, or affiliated with a nonprofit organization, or a governmental unit. Individuals are not eligible applicants.
In general, the Foundation will not grant discretionary funds to the following types of organizations or projects:
- Political lobbying or legislative activities.
- Establishment or enhancement of endowments.
- Religious organizations
- Debt retirement, deficit financing, reduction of an operating deficit or liquidation of debt, or replenishment of resources used to pay for such purposes.
- Courtesy advertising, corporate sponsorships, benefit tickets, telephone solicitations and annual fundraising plea letters and general solicitation letters will not be acknowledged.
- Umbrella funding organizations for distribution of the requested funds at their own discretion.
- Organizations located outside the service area of the Foundation.
The Directors normally will not consider:
- A proposal that has been declined within the last 12 months unless there has been a significant change.
- A proposal from an organization that has not submitted a full financial report of a previous grant.
Grant Making Funding Cycles
All grant requests are accepted online. The Foundation reviews these requests twice a year for possible funding consideration. Applicants are encouraged to submit a request a minimum of three to four months prior to the time funds are needed and as early as possible. This provides the Foundation the opportunity to research your proposal and communicate any questions in a timely manner. Grant awards are announced in June and December of each year.
The current grant cycle is now open. Please click on the link below to proceed with your fall grant application. Application deadline is September 1.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://saaf.iphiview.com/saaf/NonprofitsGrantees/OurGrantmaking/tabid/353/Default.aspx
Rebecca Reyes Stokes - Director of Grants & Scholarship
San Angelo Area Foundation
221 S. Irving St.
San Angelo, TX 76903-6421
USA: Texas: Tom Green, Crockett, Sutton, Kimble, Mason, Menard, Schleicher, Reagan, Irion, Concho, McCulloch, Runnels, Coke, Llano, San Saba, Glasscock, and Sterling Counties