Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Greater New Britain - Catalyst Fund
Grant of up to $10,000 to a Connecticut nonprofit in Berlin, New Britain, Plainville, or Southington to support disengaged youth, primarily ages 16-19, to have a successful high school experience that prepares them for higher education or the workforce.
Funding is intended to assist non-college bound students who are disengaged or disconnected or who require a personalized approach in order to successfully complete high school and prepare for employment. The proposal should accomplish one or more of the following:
- Offer the development of soft and interpersonal/intrapersonal skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, team building and emotional intelligence, or incorporates such skills training into the high school curriculum;
- Offer training that connects young people with the opportunities and experiences needed to become and remain employed in sectors that do not require a college degree;
- Offer direct support and mentoring to youth by pairing them with area business people to ensure a successful transition to employment;
- Provide opportunities for disconnected/disengaged youth to participate in themed academies, project-based or work-based learning experiences or other programs proven to successfully work with this population;
- Provide information at the middle and high schools about career pathways and in-demand sectors;
- Meaningfully engage industry leaders and/or employers to strengthen the connection between what is needed in the workplace and employment opportunities;
- Meaningfully engage school districts and/or community colleges to strengthen the connection between what is needed in the workplace and employment opportunities.
GrantWatch ID#: 174583
Up to $10,000
Applying organizations must attach their IRS 501(c)(3) ruling letter to the application.
Proposals must be submitted via email by the deadline of Monday, August 14, 2017.
Following a review of all applications received by Foundation staff and members of the Catalyst Fund, a representative from your organization may be asked to attend the Catalyst Fund meeting on September 14, 2017 and possibly the final meeting on November 9, 2017. Organizations will be notified of this decision at the end of August but are asked to save these dates in the case that the applicant's presence is requested.
Final grant decisions will be announced in November 2017.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to:
Joeline Wruck, Director of Community Initiatives
860.229.6018 x 307
Community Foundation of Greater New Britain
74A Vine Street
New Britain, CT 06052
USA: Connecticut: Berlin, New Britain, Plainville, and Southington