Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Mobile (JLM) - Community Assistance Fund (CAF)
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $4,000 to Mobile area, Alabama nonprofit organizations, public schools, and faith-based agencies for programs to improve the health of local children. Funding is specifically intended for the areas of hunger, nutrition, and fitness.
A request for funding is appropriate if it meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Addresses a critical or basic need
- Funds a pilot program
- Expands upon or provides a significant service to the community
- Addresses the possible disruption of a program or service
- Has the ability to meet an unforeseen need not covered by an organization’s budget or present financial resources
GrantWatch ID#: 174584
CAF grants are small amounts of money usually in the $1,000 to $4,000 range.
- Funds may only be granted to nonprofit, tax exempt organizations having proof of 501(c)3 authorization, schools that have public school status, or religious agencies which benefit the general public.
- Organization has not received CAF monies within the past twenty four months.
Note: JLM partner agencies that receive JLM volunteers and/or programming funds are not eligible for CAF funds.
Requests will not be considered for: fundraising drives, staff salaries, capital campaigns, political campaigns, sectarian religious projects, scholarships, tuition, research, endowments, agency/non-agency individuals, or agencies currently involved in a financial or project commitment with JLM.
- October 31, 2017 at noon: Applications due to JLM
- December 2017: Winners Notified
Additional information is required for evaluation of assistance request and must be included with your application:
- A copy of your agency’s IRS letter of determination of tax-exempt status.
- Fiscal year-end balance sheet and income statement.
- Program budget (revenues and expenditures by line item).
- Other sources of projected income.
- If applicable, proof of public school status.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email the application and requested information to:
Or, mail to:
Community Assistance Fund
Junior League of Mobile
57 North Sage Ave
Mobile, Al 36607
USA: Alabama: Mobile area