Tennessee State Library and Archives (TSLA) - Tennessee Historical Records Advisory Board (THRAB)
09/16/19 Close of Business (4:30 PM CST) Receipt
Grants of up to $5,000 to Tennessee nonprofit organizations, government agencies, libraries, museums, and IHEs to support the preservation of and access to historical records. Funding is also intended to enhance and develop archival programs and to train and educate records custodians. Eligible historical records repositories will receive limited grant funds for projects to support basic preservation, arrangement and description, proper storage, digitization, staff training, and public access to its collections.
Grant awards/projects in excess of $2,800 or more must result in a publicly accessible, fee-free, online, digital product.
THRAB has the following basic regrant project funding priorities:
- Digitization Projects
- Preserving and providing access to Tennessee’s historical records
- Providing education and training for records custodians
- Developing and enhancing archival programs
- Digitization Training
- Needs Assessment and Project Planning
- Preservation Work Projects
- Digitization Projects
- Archival Education and Training
- Access: Arrangement and Description
For additional information about eligible projects, see:
Eligible Project Expenses:
- Consultant Fees: Individuals recruited to provide specialized services such as planning, training, program development, and facility assessments. THRAB reserves the right to approve all consultants and service providers.
- Supplies: Materials such as acid-free boxes and folders, shelving or other justified archival supplies essential to the project.
- Travel expenses: Travel that is essential to achieve project goals. Travel expenses using grant funds cannot be reimbursed at more than the current state government rate.
- Personnel: Funding for personnel is limited to the part-time, hourly wages and must be part of a larger and specifically described project (for example, paying for a part-time archivist to work on the arrangement and description of a particular collection).
- Training and Continuing Education: Registration fees for professional meetings, workshops, webinars, and institutes which foster the professional development of the staff of the applying institution.
GrantWatch ID#: 174585
Up to $5,000
Projects begin November 1, 2019, and end May 31, 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The applications may be sent via U.S. postal mail or by email to:
Archives Development Program
403 7th Avenue North
Nashville, TN 37243