Foundation / Corporation
Sturgis Area Community Foundation (SACF)
Grants to Sturgis area, Michigan nonprofit organizations, public schools, municipalities, and other governmental entities for community benefit activities. Areas of focus include community and economic development, health, seniors, youth, arts and culture, education, human services, and housing.
Applicants may apply for the Sturgis Area Community Foundation Grant or the Healthy Youth and Healthy Seniors Fund Grant. For the Healthy Youth and Healthy Seniors Grant, programs must be for youth under age 18 and for seniors over age 65.
The Foundation prefers to fund:
- Seed money for start-up of innovative projects
- Programs serving a broad segment of the Sturgis area community
- Programs able to leverage grants from other sources
- Programs which address prevention as well as treatment
- Programs which promote collaboration with several agencies or programs
- Programs likely to be continuous and self-supporting
- Projects which encourage additional and permanent funding or matching gifts from other donors
GrantWatch ID#: 174591
Grant money must be paid out within one year of approval.
To be eligible for support, organizations and institutions must have tax-exempt status under section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code, or be a public schools, municipalities or other governmental entities that serve a charitable purpose as defined by IRC §170(b)(1)(A) in the Sturgis area.
The Foundation does not consider more than one proposal from the same organization for the same program or project within a 24-month period and does not support:
- Operating support - funding for the day-to-day costs of running organizations
- Existing programs for ongoing expenses - funding for the day-to-day operating costs of existing programs
- Religious programs that appear to serve a specific denomination or do not serve the broader community
- Individuals, except through scholarships
- Existing obligations or debts/liabilities
- Capital equipment such as vans or computers unless they are an integral part of a worthwhile fundable program
- Fundraising events or endowment campaigns
Please contact any Board member or the office of the Sturgis Area Community Foundation for details about the application form and procedures.
Return the completed applications and all required copies and attachments by October 15 to the mailing address below. Applications MUST be complete and received before the deadline in order to be considered.
More on grant applications: http://www.sturgisfoundation.org/scholarships_grants.php
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Complete the cover sheet for the application online:
Sturgis Area Foundation Grant:
Healthy Youth and Healthy Seniors Grant:
Print and mail the cover sheet and required documents to:
Sturgis Area Community Foundation
310 N. Franks Avenue
Sturgis, MI 49091
Co-Directors: John Wiedlea and Mary Dresser
Phone: (269) 659-8508
Fax: (269) 659-4539
USA: Michigan: Sturgis Area