Foundation / Corporation
Queens Council On the Arts (QCA)
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Queens, New York nonprofits and community-based organizations for public arts projects and events that are accessible to all residents. First-time applicants must attend an application information session. Funding is intended for projects that will strengthen community bonds, increase awareness and access to cultural activities in Queens, and advance the applicant organization's mission.
Project funding is available for:
- Performing, literary, media and visual arts projects that enhance quality of life Queens and increase overall cultural awareness in the community
- Projects and programs by Queens-based nonprofit organizations of various ethnic, social, and geographic areas providing arts and cultural programming
- Arts and cultural activities taking place within Queens in the 2020 calendar year
Grant funds can be used for:
- Artists' fees
- Direct administration costs
- Marketing and publicity costs
- Supplies and materials needed for the execution of the project
- Venue rental for the project (general home/office rent is not eligible)
Priority will be given to nonprofit arts organizations and artists whose primary mission is to provide arts and cultural programs at the community level in Queens as well as:
- First time applicants
- Artist-driven projects that are collaborative between artists and/or organizations.
- Cultural activities that benefit under-served communities
- Cultural traditions and/or contemporary creative expression of cultural ethnicity
GrantWatch ID#: 174633
Grants range from $1,000 to $5,000.
Arts and cultural activities that are funded must take place in Queens during the 2020 calendar year.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Dan Bamba, Grants and Residencies Manager
Jenna London, Grants and Residencies Assistant
USA: New York City: Queens; New York