Foundation / Corporation
Mortimer and Mimi Levitt Foundation
09/25/18 5:00 PM PDT
Grants of $25,000 to USA and territories nonprofit organizations to present free, professional music concert series that are open to the public and that take place in small to mid-sized towns and cities. The public spaces in which the concerts are to take place must be outdoors, easily accessible to a wide range of socioeconomic groups, and have a lawn-like setting with no fixed seating.
Each Levitt AMP Music Series must have a minimum of 10 concerts presented over a minimum of 10 consecutive weeks to a maximum of 12 consecutive weeks.
Each Levitt AMP Music Series must present a broad range of music genres throughout the 10 to 12-week period. Your concert series should be inclusive of all music tastes, providing the opportunity for your community to experience a variety of music performances. To celebrate local traditions and history, opening acts may be programmed to highlight a specific music genre.
You should book your Levitt AMP Music Series so that it includes a variety of local, regional and national talent featuring a range of music genres, from acclaimed, emerging musicians to seasoned, award-winning artists.
In addition to the cash award, The Levitt Foundation will provide Levitt AMP grant recipients with technical assistance and resources including the Levitt AMP Toolkit. The Toolkit contains valuable resources for Levitt AMP grant recipients, such as: a sample entertainment contract; a sample press release; a hosted page on the Levitt AMP website; e-blast and social media templates; Levitt AMP graphics; a list of talent managers and music agents from across the country; and consultation with national program staff at the Levitt Foundation.
GrantWatch ID#: 174677
Grants will be awarded to up to 15 nonprofit organizations.
Applicants will each receive $25,000 in matching funds.
The entire Levitt AMP [Your City] Music Series must be presented over 10 to 12 consecutive weeks, between May 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019.
- Applicant must be a USA-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- All proposed Levitt AMP [Your City] Music Series must take place in small to mid-sized towns and cities within the United States and its territories with a population of up to 400,000 people, and may be located within a metropolitan area with a population of no more than 1,000,000. For towns or cities located within a metropolitan area with a population of more than 1,000,000, the town or city must be at least 25 miles from the anchor city of the metropolitan area.
- The public space where the free concerts are to be presented must be outdoors, easily accessible to a wide range of socioeconomic groups, and have a lawn-like setting with no fixed seating.
- If a permanent Levitt venue is located in an applicant’s state or region, the proposed Levitt AMP site must be located a minimum of 75 miles or more from the existing Levitt venue.
- The entire Levitt AMP [Your City] Music Series must be free to the public, open to all ages, and presented over 10 to 12 consecutive weeks, between May 1, 2019 and October 31, 2019.
- Applicant must display a successful track record of presenting professional quality concerts or community events, or be engaged with an individual or organization that has done so.
It is required that a minimum of 10 free Levitt AMP concerts be presented.
Current Levitt AMP grantees may reapply each year.
A Levitt AMP Grant Award may not be used to purchase permanent equipment of any kind for your organization or for your partner(s). A Levitt AMP Grant Award may not go towards a capital campaign.
Online applications for 2019 Levitt AMP grants will open July 17 and close September 25, 2018.
Following the close of the application period, all submissions are screened and select applications move on to the online public voting stage, which will take place November 1 - 20, 2018. Members of the general public vote for their favorite proposals to determine the Top 25 finalists.
In early December, the Levitt Foundation reviews the Top 25 finalists and selects up to 15 grant recipients. 2019 Levitt AMP winners will be announced December 18, 2018.
Applicant must demonstrate matching funds, dollar for dollar, from other sources. Of the total matching funds raised, up to 50% may be in-kind contributions and the rest must be cash donations, sponsorships and/or grants.
Official Rules: https://grant.levittamp.org/rules/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and apply online: https://grant.levittamp.org/submit-a-registration/
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)