Foundation / Corporation
Grants ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for environmental protection and preservation projects. Funding is intended for innovative projects that will involve diverse audiences and youth in outdoor activities, education, and stewardship across the world.
Funding criteria include:
- Inspire youth outdoor participation: Funded projects will inspire youth experiences in the outdoors through nature-based play, scientific education, or stewardship programs.
- Diverse audiences and geography: Funded projects will engage diverse audiences in various geographies throughout the world
- Innovative and creative: Funded projects will identify unique needs and challenges related to childhood engagement with the natural world and provide creative, effective solutions.
- KEEN collaboration: Funded projects will work collaboratively with KEEN to socially share project stories, provide updates, and complete a grant report.
- Meets eligibility requirements: Only 501(c)3 (or globally equivalent), non-religious organizations will be funded.
- Socially savvy: Funded projects will have great photos and engaging stories to share, and be willing to engage with #keeneffect.
GrantWatch ID#: 174696
$2,500 - $10,000
Only 501(c)3 (or globally equivalent), non-religious organizations will be funded.
Not funded: Research projects, conferences, or events.
Fall 2017 Timeline:
- August 1: Application period opens
- September 30: Applications due
- October 30: Grantees announced
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Note: Canada organizations may apply for either the global grant or the "Great Trail Stewardship" grant.
Email contact form:
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.