Foundation / Corporation
American Library Association (ALA) - Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
Awards of $3,000 recognize a USA community college, college, and university library for the accomplishments of librarians and staff. Awards are intended to recognize librarians and library staff as they come together as a team to support the mission of their institution.
Criteria for the award include:
1. Demonstrate how academic librarians and staff work together as a team to develop an academic library that is outstanding in furthering the educational mission of its parent institution.
2. The criteria for recognizing excellence will emphasize "outcomes" rather than "inputs" as the best measures of quality. "Outcomes" are defined by the ACRL Task Force on Academic Library Outcomes and reflected in the philosophy of Standards for Libraries in Higher Education (see links in Pre-Application Information).
An academic library may demonstrate excellence as a team of librarians and staff in furthering the educational mission of its institution through one or more of the following, or in other ways that reflect the purpose and philosophy of this award:
- Creativity and innovation in meeting the needs of their academic community.
- Leadership in developing and implementing exemplary programs that other libraries can emulate.
- Substantial and productive relationships with classroom faculty and students.
3. Agree to take responsibility for organizing and funding a recognition ceremony on campus to receive the award.
GrantWatch ID#: 174849
YBP Library Services provides a $3,000 each by type of academic library (community, college, and university). Awards will be presented by an ACRL representative at a ceremony at each institution receiving the award. Further recognition of award recipients will be made at the ACRL President's Program at the annual ALA conference.
GOBI's sponsorship will cover the outright awards and provide $3,000 for travel to presentation ceremonies.
USA community college, college, and university libraries may apply.
Libraries are strongly encouraged to self-nominate.
Nominations are due December 1, 2017. Electronic submissions are required.
If possible, please submit a high resolution photo of the nominee (at least 300 dpi). The photo will be used to make the official winner announcement immediately after the ALA Midwinter Meeting.
Interested parties should feel free to contact the chair and/or the members of the award committee for additional information.
Please note: Applications are kept in the award pool for two years, and an updated application is required to remain in the pool for a third year. Applications may be updated each year, as long as they are received by the award deadline.
ACRL Task Force on Academic Library Outcomes:
Standards for Libraries in Higher Education:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applicants must submit an application form and supporting documents via email to Chase Ollis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact:
Ann Campion Riley
Vice Provost and University Librarian
University of Missouri
104 Ellis Library
Columbia, MO 65201
Work Phone: (573) 882-1685
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming