Foundation / Corporation
Scottsdale League for the Arts (SLA)
08/04/17 5:00 PM
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $15,000 to Maricopa County, Arizona nonprofit organizations to support efforts to increase access to and awareness of the arts. Special consideration will be given to youth projects that focus on arts education. The following types of activities are eligible for funding:
- Growth and development of arts programming, including artists’ salaries and supplies, in the visual or performing arts
- Arts education and outreach, including instruction, transportation, and supplies for creative, hands-on learning experiences in the visual, performing or culinary arts
- Opportunities for children and youth to observe and experience the visual and/or performing arts
- Opportunities for community members to experience and appreciate the visual and/or performing arts. Please note: Funding for community art festivals will be limited to arts programming and access, and will not be granted to fund supplies or general operating costs.
All proposals will be competitively evaluated on how they meet the following criteria:
- Detailed description of the proposed project(s) including a project timeline and measurable outcomes
- Impact and benefit that this project will have on the organization and the community, including a description of the project’s beneficiaries
- Organization’s plan to effectively expand access to and awareness of art and/or arts education in Maricopa County
- Organization’s plan to evaluate the project’s effectiveness in meeting its desired outcomes
- Organization’s ability to demonstrate that it operates as a well-managed, fiscally-stable organization with effective programming
- Assessment of the organization’s capacity to deliver the service or programming, including the organizations’ plan to leverage and secure additional funding in order to carry out the proposed project successfully and ensure project sustainability
GrantWatch ID#: 174867
SLA Grant funds range between $1,000 and $15,000. The League will not fund more than 50% of an organization’s total project budget or 10% of an organization’s total operating budget.
Any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, incorporated and providing services or programs in the arts or art education within Maricopa County may apply. The League will entertain applications from a variety of organizations, provided that the focus of the project for which funding is requested is directly related to the arts and/or arts education. Grants will not be awarded to organizations that raise or donate funds for this purpose.
Applicant organizations must meet the following requirements:
- Be an incorporated, not-for-profit organization that has obtained tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Unincorporated groups may not apply, although an eligible parent 501(c)(3) organization may apply on their behalf. Please contact the League office for details.
- Be in operation for at least three years from the effective date of their 501(c)(3) status, as noted on the organization’s IRS Letter of Determination. (Under certain circumstances, the SLA will make exceptions to this provision on a case-by-case basis)
- Have three consecutive years of 990 filings with the IRS.
- Submitted online data profiles with the Data Arts for the previous two fiscal years at http://azculturaldata.org/home.aspx
- Adopted and implemented best practices for not-for-profit organizations, as outlined in the application
- Be in good financial standing
- Directly provide qualified services or activities within Maricopa County
The Scottsdale League for the Arts will not fund:
- Private foundations, or any organization that raises funds for or re-allocates grant funds to other organizations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Public institutions or agencies
- Public, private or charter schools, or parent teacher associations for classroom-based arts education
- Activities that are not directly related to the visual, performing or culinary arts
- Operating or programming costs that are non-arts-based
- Lobbying or political activity
- Organizational start-up costs
- Capital improvements projects
- Projects which are completely dependent on League funding.
To be considered for funding during the 2017-18 fiscal year, the applicant organization must submit an online application, including all attachments, to the Scottsdale League for the Arts office by 5:00 PM on August 4, 2017.
Please note that the online application cannot be saved for future access.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
If applicants have questions about the Grant Application or process they may contact the office of the Scottsdale League for the Arts at (480) 945-7193, or via email at email@example.com for clarification.
USA: Arizona: Maricopa County