Foundation / Corporation
Grand Haven Area Community Foundation - Allendale Community Foundation
Grants to Allendale, Michigan nonprofit organizations, government units, and educational and religious institutions to benefit the local community. Prospective applicants must contact the Foundation prior to submitting an application. Funding is intended to support programs and services in the areas of Arts and Culture, Economic and Community Betterment, Education, Environment, and Health and Human Services.
The Allendale Community Foundation:
- Encourages programs which are collaborative, comprehensive, and have potential for continuity.
- Encourages leveraging and matching grant opportunities involving multiple funding sources.
- Supports “seed money” requests to assist innovative projects.
- Encourages programs and projects focused on problem prevention rather than cure.
GrantWatch ID#: 174926
The Foundation awards grants to charitable organizations that are recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation is also able to award grants to units of government, educational institutions, and churches that are providing services which benefit the Allendale community.
- Sept 28, 2018 – Grant Deadline
- Nov 7, 2018 – Notification
Grant Application Process:
- Contact the Foundation: Organizations who are interested in applying for a competitive grant should contact Holly Cole, Director of Grants and Program, to discuss their proposal and determine if it aligns with the Foundation's grantmaking priorities.
- Complete a Grant Application: Upon discussion of the proposal and determination of alignment with the Allendale Community Foundation, the appropriate grant application will be made available to the applicant through the online application portal.
- Grant Applications Reviewed and Approved: The Foundation may require a follow-up site visit made by the Grants Committee and approved by the Advisory Board.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: http://ghacf.spectrumportal.net/
To discuss the proposal, and for questions about the grant portal or grantmaking process and guidelines, contact:
Holly Cole, Director of Grants and Program
Allendale Community Foundation
P. O. Box 365
Allendale, MI 49401
USA: Michigan: Allendale