Foundation / Corporation
U.S. Trust, Bank of America - Catherine Holmes Wilkins Charitable Foundation
Grants ranging between $2,000 to $5,000 to Puget Sound area, Washington research institutions and social service agencies for projects or programs benefiting local communities. Preference will be given to programs in the areas of disabilities, medical research, and humanitarian services. Organizations must operate within or significantly affect the residents of the Greater Seattle region which includes: Tacoma to Everett, Seattle, and the Eastside.
Preference will be given to projects rather than ongoing operating expenses. When funding capital campaigns, preference will be given to smaller campaigns where modest contributions may have an impact.
1) Medical Research – Grants will be made to medical and academic centers conducting research and training in areas of cancer, heart disease, and mental illness
2) Physically Handicapped and Mentally Ill – Grants will be made to community nonprofit organizations providing direct social services to people with physical disabilities or mental illness who are primarily low-income or destitute
3) Humanitarian Services – Grants will be made for programs providing immediate support to those in need with a particular emphasis on services for abused women and children
GrantWatch ID#: 174938
$2,000 - $5,000
Grants will be made to qualified medical research and social service agencies in the Puget Sound region.
If your organization has received three consecutive grants from the foundation, it must wait two years before re-applying.
Applicant organizations not related to medical research must have annual operating budgets of less than $1 million. (However, larger organizations which have received two Wilkins grants within the last five years may re-apply for support)
The Wilkins foundation only accepts multi-year grants from organizations that have been awarded two individual grants within the previous five years
- Individuals or for scholarships
- Organizations which have been declined for funding twice in the previous five years
- Debt retirement or to meet operation deficits
Proposals must be received by the due dates noted.
There are 3 grant cycles for the Wilkins Charitable Foundation:
The second Monday of March
The fourth Friday of June, and
The second Friday of October
Decisions will be made 3 to 4 months following proposal submission.
Puget Sound Area