Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley - John T. Sloper Community Fund
Grants of up to $2,500 to New York nonprofits, fire and police departments, and volunteer ambulance services in Southern Dutchess and Putnam counties for emergency medical equipment and training. Funding is intended to increase access to emergency health services in order to save lives.
Through additional resources available from the Cardiovascular Fund, a very limited number of requests from all of Dutchess County may be considered for the same purposes outlined above.
Acceptable grant proposals include:
- Automatic External Defibrillator Devices (AED), including materials and training;
- Support for organizations to become First Responders in areas where none exist;
- Equipment to enhance delivery of emergency medical services
GrantWatch ID#: 174944
It is anticipated that up to $2,500 per grant will be provided for AEDs, training and support materials.
1. Tax exempt organizations located in and/or serving communities formerly served by Sloper-Willen Community Ambulance Service (Southern Dutchess County, New York and Putnam County, New York) (John T. Sloper Community Fund).
2. Tax exempt organizations located in and/or serving communities in the Dutchess County, New York (Cardiovascular Fund).
3. Police departments, fire companies and volunteer ambulance services.
4. Preference will be given to organizations who had not received funding in the previous six-month grant cycle.
1. Organizations requesting funding for programs that are 100% funded through the State and/or other funding sources.
2. Organizations requesting funding for basic EMT training.
3. Organizations requesting funding for advanced EMT and paramedic training for individuals currently working in those professions.
4. Organizations applying for funding for recertification programs.
Depending on availability of funds, two grant cycles will be offered annually.
Fall Online Application available: 07/01/2017
Fall Application Deadlines: 10/15/2017
Spring Online Application available: 12/01/2017
Spring Application Deadlines: 03/15/2018
Award notification: December for Fall cycle; June for Spring cycle
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://www.grantinterface.com/common/logon.aspx?eqs=fiaADTHDZeZmoAJXtFWSEQ2
Cristin McPeake, Director of Programs
USA: New York: Southern Dutchess and Putnam Counties