Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
Grants of up to $2,000 to New York nonprofits serving Putnam County for community programs and services and organizational capacity building efforts. Eligible applications are those that address the following grant-making priorities:
- Programs and services; whether delivered independently or collaboratively
- Initiatives that support organizational sustainability; such as the development and implementation of programs, services and related educational materials that generate self-sustaining resources. Requests must be directly related to the organization’s mission.
- Equipment to improve office operations and/or program delivery
- Professional development for staff and/or board members (excluding travel expenses)
GrantWatch ID#: 174945
Grants made through this program will not exceed $2,000.
The following organizations are eligible to apply for grants:
1. Tax exempt organizations located in Putnam County, New York
2. Tax exempt organizations providing services to residents of Putnam County, New York (organizations must be able to clearly document the number of residents in Putnam County being served).
Please note that grants are not given to support:
- Debt reduction
- Underwriting of special events
- Capital project expenses such as design and labor. Material expenses may be considered.
- Travel and lodging expenses related to professional development/ training
- Shipping expenses related to the purchase of equipment
- Fundraising campaigns, such as endowment, capital or annual campaigns
- Projects related to partisan politics or elections
- Schools – However, grants may be made to support student/teacher community service programs targeted to assist community needs or for professional development opportunities at schools targeting disadvantaged populations
- Religious organizations. However, grants may be made to support non-religious programs provided through these institutions
- Expenses that have occurred prior to the expected announcement dates of the grant awards
Fall Online Application available:07/01/2017
Fall Application Deadlines:10/01/2017
Award notification: December
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online applcation portal: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=cfdcny
Cristin McPeake, Director of Programs
USA: New York: Putnam County