Foundation / Corporation
The Oregon Community Foundation (OCF)
11/15/18 5:00 PM
Grants up to $10,000 to Portland Area, Oregon nonprofit organizations to meet the basic human needs of low-income households. Organizations may provide basic support such as food, household items, prescriptions, school supplies, hygiene assistance, and clothing to families in the North, Northeast, and Southeast Portland areas.
Priority is given to the following:
- Applications that clearly describe how this grant will help to provide services that will continue the LIFE Center legacy, and how it would help to meet gaps in current
- Organizations with smaller operating and project budgets where a $7,500 - $10,000 grant from the LIFE Center Fund will have a clear impact
- Organizations who haven’t received LIFE Center funding in the previous grant year
- Applications that offer specifics about the site(s) and location(s) where services will be provided, the target population to be served, and how that fits the criteria of the LIFE Center Fund
- Requests that show evidence of some secured community contributions, ideally toward both grant years (the LIFE Center Fund does not require a specific dollar amount or percentage)
- Multi-year project budgets that detail how a grant from the LIFE Center Fund would be applied.
GrantWatch ID#: 175008
Up to two successful applicants will be awarded funds for year one in late December 2018.
Up to $10,000 is available per year for two years.
Up to two successful applicants will be awarded funds for year one in late December 2018 and invited to reapply for year two funding November 15, 2019. No new applications will be accepted in 2019.
OCF will accept applications from organizations that are tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3).
Proposals will be accepted from organizations outside the Portland city limits as long as the proposal narrative and project budget specifies that grant funds will be allocated specifically for North, Northeast, and Southeast Portland residents.
Grants will not be made directly to individuals.
General requests for support of an organization’s overall operating budget will not be competitive.
Applications are accepted beginning October 1, 2018, through the deadline of 5 pm on November 15, 2018.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Send applications to:
The Oregon Community Foundation
c/o Melissa Hansen
1221 Yamhill St.
Portland, OR 97205
If you have any questions, please contact:
Melissa Hansen, Program Associate for Grants
USA: Oregon: North, Inner Northeast, and Southeast Portland areas