Foundation / Corporation
Alaska Garden Clubs - Wildflower Garden Club
Grants ranging from $200 to $2,000 to Alaska nonprofit organizations and individuals for projects and activities that aim to promote and encourage botanical education. Funding will be provided for scholarly studies, scientific projects, research projects, and/or work in the areas of horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, forestry, botany, agronomy, plant pathology, and/or allied subjects.
Types of projects which could be funded include, but are not limited to:
- Paid internships hosted by the entity for University students engaged in the fields of study listed above.
- Research projects, preferably relating to Alaska’s native plants, Alaskan horticulture, agriculture, or forestry
- Conservation/Preservation projects
- Design/Development projects relating to Alaska’s native plants, Alaskan horticulture, agriculture, or forestry
- Signage and public education projects
- Public beautification projects
- Other related projects (describe well in the application narrative)
- Girl Scout troop planning a wildflower garden
- Elementary school teacher planning a unit on botany in classroom
- Plant signage at botanical garden
Evaluation: Each application will be evaluated by members of the grants committee. Application will be judged on feasibility, valued to botanical education and/or contribution to beautification.
GrantWatch ID#: 175154
$200 - $2,000
Monies must be used within one calendar year of date of the award.
Individuals and nonprofit agencies engaged in mission-related work in the above listed fields may apply for grant funding. Organizations must have 501(c)3 status as a nonprofit recognized by the IRS and the State of Alaska, and should be able to demonstrate a solid track record of successful grant-funded projects.
Items which will not be funded:
- Recurring projects already in progress
- General operating support for ongoing maintenance, payroll, etc.
- Administrative expenses (accounting, insurance, overhead, etc.)
- Activities not related to the specific mission of the applicant organization
The application deadline is November 1. Applicants will be notified by December 1.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact the Grant Committee Chair for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail Applications to:
Wildflower Garden Club
Attn: Grants Committee
P.O Box 240563
Anchorage, AK 99524-0563