Foundation / Corporation
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) - Chevening
11/08/16 12:00 GMT
Scholarships to Canada, Israel and International individuals who have completed an undergraduate degree to undertake postgraduate studies at a UK university. Scholars must meet an English language requirement prior to commencing their studies and be accepted to a qualifying UK university. The purpose of these scholarships is to foster the development of global leadership around the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships within the UK.
GrantWatch ID#: 175165
Scholars will begin their studies for the 2017/2018 academic year in September or October, 2017.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programs, please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 13, 2017
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by July 13, 2017
You are not eligible for a Chevening Award if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2015) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
- Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship five years after completion of the first award.
Applications for Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowship awards are open between August 8, 2016 and November 8, 2016.
Application Timeline: http://www.chevening.org/apply/application-timeline
Scholarship applicants may browse eligible courses here:
Application Guidance: http://www.chevening.org/apply/guidance
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.
Chevening Scholarships 2017/2018 Timeline:
- August 8, 2016, 12:00 BST: Applications open
- November 8, 2016, 12:00 GMT: Applications close
- Mid-February 2017: Applicants are notified if selected for an interview
- March 6 - May 5, 2017: Global interview period
- Early June 2017: Announcement of interview results
- July 13, 2017: Deadline for UK university unconditional offers
- July 13, 2017: Deadline for meeting English language requirement
- September/October 2017: Cheapening Scholars commence their studies in the UK
USA Compact Free Associations: Marshall Islands (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.