Foundation / Corporation
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) - Chevening
11/08/18 12:00 GMT
Scholarships to Canada, Israel, and International individuals who have completed an undergraduate degree to undertake postgraduate studies at a UK university. Scholars must meet an English language requirement prior to commencing their studies and be accepted to a qualifying UK university. This scholarship program is intended to foster the development of global leadership around the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships within the UK.
GrantWatch ID#: 175165
Scholars will begin their studies for the 2019/2020 academic year in September or October, 2019.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate program at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 11, 2019
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by July 11, 2019
You are not eligible for a Chevening Award if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for an award.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee (since July 2016) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Department for International Trade, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee (since July 2016) of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but cannot receive a Chevening/Partner Award from the organisation for which they work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
(Note: Immediate relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or step-children, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years)
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. However, if you have previously studied under a UK Government-funded scholarship (including Chevening), you may be eligible to apply for a Chevening Fellowship five years after completion of your initial UK Government-funded scholarship.
- Applications open: 12:00 BST on August 6, 2018
- Applications close: 12:00 GMT on November 8, 2018
- Sifting of applications against eligibility criteria: November 7, 2018
- Independent reading committees assess eligible applications: Mid-November to December 2018
- Applications are shortlisted for interviews by the British Embassies/High Commissions in-country: January to early February 2019
- Applicants are notified that they have been selected for interview: By mid-February 2019
- Deadline for applicants invited to interview to submit references and undergraduate certificates: February 25, 2019
- Global interview period: March 4 to May 1, 2019
- Announcement of interview results: Early June 2019
- Deadline for UK university unconditional offers: July 11, 2019
- Deadline for meeting English language requirement: July 11, 2019
- 2019/2020 Chevening Scholars commence their studies in the UK: September/October 2019
English Language Requirement:
Online Application System Instructions:
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.