Queens Arts Fund (QAF) - New Work Grant
Grants to Queens, New York Artists for
the Creation of Original Artistic Work
the Creation of Original Artistic Work
Foundation / Corporation
Queens Council On the Arts (QCA)
10/26/17 5:00 PM
Grants of $2,500 to Queens, New York individual artists to support the creation of new work* in any artistic discipline. Several information sessions will take place starting June 19 through October 11. First-time applicants and those applicants that have not applied in the past two years must either attend a session or a one-on-one meeting. Meetings may be scheduled starting July 21 through October 10.
*New work is defined as work that has not been produced or presented to an audience before.
Visual artists working in fiber, folk arts and traditional, graphics, media arts, film and video, painting, photography, printmaking, and sculpture are encouraged to apply, as are composers, choreographers, playwrights, literary artists, poets and spoken word artists. Collaborations will be accepted and will be reviewed as one project.
Projects should culminate in an exhibition or presentation in the 2018 calendar year that are accessible and engage the general public of Queens
QAF funding is for one year. If funded, your proposed project must be completed and presented to a Queens audience sometime between January and December of the year you receive the grant.
- Resident of Queens or those who have a full-time studio in Queens. (PO boxes are not accepted.)
- Applicants that are at least 18 years of age
- Artists working in any discipline - visual, literary, or performing art forms
- Applicants that attend a QAF Information Session
Collaborations between other artists: One artist will take the lead on the application and will be reviewed as one project.
Note: Fiscal sponsorship is not required.
- Students, full or part-time
- Artists who received funding in 2017 for DCA individual artist support
- Artists' projects that take place outside of Queens
- Past recipients who failed to submit a final report or who did not properly credit funding
- Individual Artists applying through any other 2017 QAF grant even through partnerships for organization support
- Recreational, rehabilitative, or therapeutic art programs
- Fellowships or scholarships
- Arts education projects
- Living or general operating expenses
- Entertainment costs including openings, receptions, catering, or fundraising
- Out-of-state travel expenses.
All first time applicants that have not applied in the last two years must attend an application information session in one of the following ways:
1. Attend an informational group session. - RSVP here: http://www.queenscouncilarts.org/2018-qaf-information-sessions/
2. Attend a one-on-one meeting with a QCA staff member. - RSVP here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12HFvLYGO-xirqDuj2L8m-ByOW1iplcD9mMB1UtbfxUM/edit
On-line Tutorials are available for your future reference. You can access the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLid9FXTERjq8e8FjygWbZU4-vCsomumui&v=-9SsB123_NA
QCA encourages all applicants to attend an information session and to contact the QAF Staff to discuss your project before submitting your application.
All requests for draft review should be made at least two weeks in advance of the application deadline.
Even though QAF New Artist Work Grant is for a set amount of $2,500 your budget MUST show at least 25% of your income coming from other sources. QCA will not fund 100% of your project.
Letters of notification will be made upon approval of the Board and sent to applicants no later than January 2018.Please be aware that monies may not become available until mid-year. Please plan your projects/programs accordingly.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply, go to https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/NewWorkGrant2018
Lynn Lobell, Grants and Resource Director
USA: New York City: Queens; New York
Our team of researchers and grant specialists review hundreds of funding resources daily to make sure GrantWatch.com provides members with the most up-to-date grants.