The Colorado Health Foundation Grant
Grants to Colorado Nonprofits to Meet the
Health Needs of Underserved Populations
Health Needs of Underserved Populations
Foundation / Corporation
The Colorado Health Foundation
10/15/16 5:00 PM
Grants to Colorado nonprofit organizations to meet the health needs of underserved populations. Funding is intended to benefit populations whose health needs are not being met due to income, age, race, ethnicity, geography, or other barriers. Funding will be provided for programs and projects addressing at least one of the following three focus areas: (a) Healthy Living, (b) Health Coverage, and/or (c) Health Care. Goals and strategies for how to achieve these goals are outlined below.
1. Healthy Living Goal: All Colorado kids are fit and healthy.
- Create healthy early childhood settings and schools that provide quality physical education and activity and healthy food and beverages.
- Create healthy communities where it is easy to access affordable, healthy food and safe, affordable options for physical activity for kids.
2. Health Coverage Goal — All Coloradans achieve stable, affordable, and adequate health coverage.
- Support Coloradans in choosing, using and maintaining adequate health coverage.
- Address health care costs and affordability to ensure coverage expansions are sustained over time.
3. Health Care — All Coloradans achieve health with support from a network of primary health care and community services.
- Support communities to prevent disease and improve population health.
- Strengthen the delivery of comprehensive, person-centered primary care.
- Empower individuals and families to manage their own health.
- Improve the experiences and environments of young children from preconception to age eight, with an emphasis on prenatal to age three.
Funding may be provided for project support, general operating support, and capacity building. On occasion, the Foundation also considers requests for capital funding if the proposed efforts have a demonstrable link to the Foundation's community outcomes and strategies.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS
- See RFP and/or Grant Guidelines for full eligibility
The Foundation does not award grants to organizations which discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, gender orientation, or veteran status.
Generally, the Foundation does not make grants to or for the following:
- Programs that require membership in a certain religion or advance a particular religious faith (faith-based organizations may be eligible for funding if they welcome and serve all members of the community regardless of religious faith, and provided that they do not require participation in activities that are specifically religious)
- For-profit organizations or programs operated by, or for the benefit of, for-profit organizations
- Debt retirement
- Annual fund drives
- Fundraising events
Watch a recorded informational webinar, "Achieving Our Vision: 2014 and Beyond," to learn about how the Foundation’s goals, strategies, funding approach, and evaluation model are shifting in an effort to achieve the vision of making Colorado the healthiest state in the nation. This webinar is open to any interested attendees, including current grantees and interested applicants.
Archived Webinar: https://cc.readytalk.com/play?id=6ljjt9
Presentation Slides: http://www.coloradohealth.org/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=6602
1. Identify an eligible funding opportunity or grant program.
2. Read the FAQs (at: http://www.coloradohealth.org/faq.aspx)
3. Contact a program officer if you want to discuss your project before beginning the online application process.
4. Begin your application through a selected funding opportunity or grant program (see more at: http://www.coloradohealth.org/open/)
Deadline: Proposals must be received by 5:00 PM on the deadline date. However, since this date falls on a weekend, the deadline will be the next business day. You may submit an application at any time and it will be reviewed at the next grant cycle.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
For more information, contact the Foundation at:
Click here to apply for a Healthy Living funding opportunity: http://www.coloradohealth.org/yellow.aspx?id=4796
Click here to apply for a Health Coverage funding opportunity: http://www.coloradohealth.org/yellow.aspx?id=4799
Click here to apply for a Health Care funding opportunity: http://www.coloradohealth.org/yellow.aspx?id=4798
Libby is constantly in touch with grant program managers and reviews numerous publications to make sure that GrantWatch.com provides subscribers with the most up-to-date grant opportunities.
We have grants for:
Hi, I would love to guide you through the site.
Please feel free to call or write.