Foundation / Corporation
Crescent City Fitness Foundation
Grants of up to $3,000 and in-kind awards to New Orleans area, Louisiana schools and nonprofit organizations to promote the participation of students, teachers, parents, alumni, and employees in a local 5K race. This program offers discounted registration costs for the 5K race, as well as cash grants to the schools and organizations that have the highest participation rates in the program.
The ultimate goal of these grants is to encourage youth and adults to engage in running and walking as a form of regular exercise and as a healthy lifestyle choice.
The Foundation will provide the following to all schools and nonprofit organizations participating in the Grant Program:
- A discounted entry fee ($15 per participant) to the Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Fall Classic 5k race on November 4, 2017.
- An opportunity to be recognized for their commitment to the fitness of their students, alumni, staff, families and community.
- A Collector's Edition Commemorative Print (signed and numbered; $80 value) from the current year's CCC10k race to each group that registers a minimum of 25 participants, to be used at other fundraisers, auctions, or as gifts for the program coordinators.
- Each group that registers a minimum of 25 participants will also be eligible for the below cash grants.
In addition, the schools and nonprofit organizations that meet the minimum requirements and register the largest, second largest, and third largest numbers of participants will also receive cash grants of $3,000, $1,500, and $750 respectively for their athletic programs.
Please note that schools and organizations do not compete for the same prizes. Cash grants are given to both schools and nonprofits in first, second, and third place. In addition, the first place school that registers the largest number of race participants is also eligible for an extensive prize package, described below (not available to nonprofits):
- A Spirit Trophy recognizing the participation and support of the school.
- Twenty race entries to the 2018 Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Classic 10k for the unrestricted use of the school, at no charge ($700 value).
- Twenty Racefest tickets to the 2018 Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Classic 10k's Michelob Ultra RaceFest for the unrestricted use of the school, at no charge, enabling non-participants to enjoy the post-race party and refreshments ($200 value).
- A Private Party Tent at the 2018 Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Classic 10k's Michelob Ultra RaceFest for the use of the school, to accomodate their race participants and invited guest at no charge ($500 value).
- Their school's logo or name will be imprinted on the race t-shirt of the following year's Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Fall Classic 5k (as the participation leader).
GrantWatch ID#: 175314
The school or organization that meets the minimum requirements and registers the largest number of participants will receive a cash grant of $3,000, dedicated to their athletic programs.
The school or organization that meets the minimum requirements and registers the second largest number of participants will receive a cash grant of $1,500, dedicated to their athletic programs.
The school or organization that meets the minimum requirements and registers the third largest number of participants will receive a cash grant of $750, dedicated to their athletic programs.
Any local New Orleans area elementary, middle or high school can apply for the Grant Program's school division.
Any local 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or association can apply for the Grant Program's organization division.
The 2017 Grant Program Application form is attached below (see Supporting Documents section) and is due by Friday, October 13, 2017.
All participants must register online by Friday, October 27, 2017, to be eligible for the $15 rate and count towards your school/organization’s total number of participants.
Once a school/organization/club applies for and is accepted to the program, they will be given a unique Fall Classic registration form that allows students, teachers, parents, employees, alumni, friends and members to register for the race at a discounted rate. Grant Program Participants will also be able to register online, by selecting your school or organization name during the online registration process.
Grant Program participants will receive everything that a normal participant will receive: a commemorative race t-shirt, bib number (with timing chip) and entry into the Michelob Ultra post-race party, but all grant program participants must pick up their bib numbers directly from the school or organization before the race. No race day pick up will be available.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristen Stuart, Event Manager
PO Box 13587
New Orleans, La 70185
320 Hammond Hwy, Suite 318
Metairie, La 70005
USA: Louisiana: New Orleans area