Foundation / Corporation
CentraCare Health Foundation
Grants of up to $50,000 to Central Minnesota nonprofits, schools, and government entities for healthcare programs. A letter of inquiry must be submitted by July 13, 2018. Eligible program areas include health education, research on improving health, and programs that improve health and safety.
Applicants must have a primary impact in the counties of Benton, Crow Wing, Douglas, Kandiyohi, Meeker, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pope, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena, and Wright.
Eligible proposals are those that enhance the local community and support or create innovative solutions. In addition, proposals should capitalize on emerging opportunities that:
- Demonstrate impact: visibility of project is not as important as the impact on the recipients
- Exhibit potential for sustainability or worthiness of the risk
- Assure equality (as far as possible) and creates health equity within our community
- Proposals that address health and safety issues through partnerships with multiple individuals and organizations including CentraCare Health are encouraged.
- Applications that address an innovative concept or initiative related to health care, health education, research, access to health care or improvement of health are preferred.
- Preference may be given to organizations or programs that specifically address an underserved or diverse population.
GrantWatch ID#: 175362
Up to $50,000
The Foundation does not fund projects lasting longer than 12 months.
Eligible organizations: 501(c) 3 nonprofit organizations, schools or government entities. Other entities with a fiscal host as a 501(c) 3 status are also eligible.
Geographic Area: Grants must serve the residents within the counties of Benton, Crow Wing, Douglas, Kandiyohi, Meeker, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pope, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena or Wright.
The Foundation does not fund:
- Building, fundraising or capital campaigns
- Sponsorships of fundraising events
- Programs currently receiving CentraCare Health Foundation funding are ineligible to apply. Programs are allowed only one active grant at a time until a final report is received and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Projects lasting longer than 12 months.
- As a general rule, the Foundation will not provide funding for maintenance, ongoing operational support or general administrative expenses for existing programs.
The Board of Directors awards grants three times per calendar year.
Submit letters of inquiry: June 18 - July 13, 2018
Foundation invites or declines full proposal July 27, 2018
Full proposal due Aug. 24, 2018
Funding decision made Oct. 8, 2018
Submit letters of inquiry Oct. 1 - Nov. 2, 2018
Foundation invites or declines full proposal Nov. 21, 2018
Full proposal due Dec. 17, 2018
Funding decision made Feb. 13, 2019
Submit letters of inquiry Feb. 2 - March 4, 2019
Foundation invites or declines full proposal March 18, 2019
Full proposal due April 12, 2019
Funding decision made June 10, 2019
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Register and submit an LOI online:
To contact the Foundation:
800-835-6652, ext. 52810
Brad Konkler, CentraCare Health Vice President, Philanthropy and Community Health
3001 Clearwater Road
St. Cloud, MN 56301
CentraCare Health Foundation
1406 Sixth Ave N.
St. Cloud, MN 56303-1901
USA: Minnesota: Benton, Crow Wing, Douglas, Kandiyohi, Meeker, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Pope, Sherburne, Stearns, Todd, Wadena, and Wright Counties