Foundation / Corporation
Henry Schein and Henry Schein Cares Foundation (HSCF)
10/05/17 12:00 Midnight EDT
Awards of up to $15,000 in cash plus $10,000 in prizes to recognize USA nonprofit organizations for excellence in expanding access to health care for the underserved. Eligible programs are those that demonstrate innovative and novel methods that are measurable and quantifiable.
Priority will be given to nonprofits for efforts to expand access to health care for children (birth to age 18), although all efforts to expand access to care will be considered, including those involving companion animal health.
GrantWatch ID#: 175400
Awards: Nine (9) product awards will be awarded, one to each finalist (each “Finalist”).
The Product Award will consist of Henry Schein, Inc. products with an approximate retail value of $10,000 each.
Three Cash Awards of $15,000 each will be awarded to each Gold Medalist; three Cash Awards of $10,000 each will be awarded to each Silver Medalist; and three Cash Awards of $5,000 each will be awarded to each Bronze Medalist.
The medalists will each receive a Henry Schein Cares Medal, a Product Award, and a Cash Award, to be presented at applicable events throughout 2018.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Open to USA Registered 501(c) (3) organizations in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico)
- Applicants must be a USA nonprofit corporation or trust that is tax-exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3) and that is a public charity (not a private foundation);
- Applicants cannot be a university, including a university department, or any other entity that is legally part of a university or share a common tax identification number;
- As of August 1, 2017, applicants must not be an employee of the Henry Schein Cares Foundation, Inc. or Henry Schein, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies or members of the immediate family or household of each. Immediate family member is defined as a parent, sibling or any person residing in same household as employee.
- Applicants can be a customer of Henry Schein and its affiliates, but that will have no bearing on the judging.
- Applicant must not have been chosen as a Finalist or a Medalist for this program within the past 2 years.
- The applicant must demonstrate that the their submitted Program has expanded access to health care for the underserved in a novel and innovative way that is measurable and quantifiable. Emphasis will be placed on expanding access to health care for children (birth to age 18), although all efforts to expand access to care will be considered, including those involving companion animal health.
- Programs should involve an established multi-disciplinary team that demonstrates the expertise needed for a comprehensive solution to the targeted problem.
- Programs must demonstrate potential for replication and large-scale impact.
- Proposals must include a business plan or demonstration of financial sustainability.
- Programs may not be sponsored or supported in excess of $5,000 annually by any of the Sponsors or any of their affiliates.
Eligible Use of Funds:
- Funds may only be used to provide care to those who are unable to pay, or from whom payment would be a significant hardship, and are not intended for sale or resale and no patient or service fees can be charged for the procedures utilizing the Product Awards.
- Funding may be used solely for the provision of charity care , and will not be used for any services reimbursed by any federal or state healthcare program; and neither participation in the Henry Schein Cares Medal Program nor acceptance of any awards obligates the recipient to purchase Henry Schein, Inc. or Henry Schein, Inc. affiliates’ products or services or to conduct business with Henry Schein, Inc. or its affiliates.
Alications will be accepted beginning on August 7, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. EDT through October 5, 2017 at 12:00 midnight EDT. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsors for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage due mail, or mutilated entries. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
To enter, go to the link provided below to complete the Henry Schein Cares Medal pre-screening application. Upon completion of the on-line application, you will receive a confirmation message stating that your organization’s application has been completed and received. If while completing the initial application, your organization does not meet the eligibility requirements, a message will be displayed on the screen which states that you are not eligible to participate.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1350/default.asp?SA=SNA&FID=35044&SESID=17739&RL
Henry Schein, Inc., and the Henry Schein Cares Foundation, Inc.
135 Duryea Road
Melville, NY 11747
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming