Foundation / Corporation
Vitalyst Health Foundation
Grants starting at $75,000 to Arizona organizations to address significant health-related issues. Applicants must submit an LOI before submitting a full application. Funding is intended to support proposals that develop or demonstrate new ways to positively address complex issues that drive healthier outcomes.
The Foundation is seeking proposals that plan to actively reduce structural and/or systemic gaps in access, outcomes, or opportunities. Vitalyst’s Innovation Grants are an opportunity for communities to develop and test new and varied solutions to systems-level challenges. Community Innovation is “a breakthrough in addressing a community issue that is more effective, equitable or sustainable than existing approaches.”
- Meaningfully engages key stakeholders.
- Willingly shares ownership and decision-making among partners.
- Creatively uses existing community resources and assets.
- Openly uses an ongoing process to test and implement solutions.
Innovation Grants are designed to address one or more of the following:
- Increase community capacity to identify and address issues affecting community health and well-being.
- Strategically leverage infrastructure, systems design and policies to improve health where we live, learn, work, pray and play.
- Improve the environmental, social, behavioral and health infrastructure conditions that impact determinants of health and enable Arizonans to be healthy and resilient.
- Create a sustainable solution to the problem being addressed that endures after the term of the grant funding.
GrantWatch ID#: 175402
Grants range from $75,000 to $125,000 total.
These are one- to two-year awards. The award engagement period runs from May 2019-May 2021.
2019 Information Meeting for Innovation Grants:
The Foundation will hold a series of information sessions for their community partners to learn more about the Innovation Grants and ask questions. The information sessions will take place at the following times:
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018 from 9:00-10:00 am
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018 from 1:00-2:00 pm
- Thursday, August 30, 2018 from 9:00-10:00 am
The information provided will be the same at each session, so there is only need to attend one session.
The sessions will be held at Vitalyst Health Foundation's office in Phoenix (2929 N Central Ave, #1550, Phoenix, AZ 85012). While the Foundation prefers attendance in person, they do understand travel challenges, so if requested, the Foundation will provide webinar capability.
Register for an information session: https://vitalysthealth.wufoo.com/forms/p1xhh7jl0t1y14s/
Click here for more information: http://vitalysthealth.org/information-meeting/
Information Meetings: August 29 and August 30
Letter of Intent Due: September 28, 2018
Invitation to Submit: December 3, 2018
Full Proposal Due: January 25, 2019
Proposal Presentations: February 11-14, 2018
Award Notification: April 3, 2019
Post-Award Engagement: May 2019-May 2021
Click here for more information about the LOI: http://vitalysthealth.org/innovation-grants/innovation-grants-what-to-include-in-a-letter-of-intent/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to register to attend one of the upcoming Information Meetings: https://vitalysthealth.wufoo.com/forms/pbb37n50n1koex/
The LOI will be submitted electronically at: http://vitalysthealth.org/submission-form/
If there are technical challenges, please contact InnovationGrants@VitalystHealth.org