Foundation / Corporation
MGM Resorts Foundation - Community Grant Councils (CGC)
09/28/18 5:00 PM PST
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations for programs that benefit local residents in the areas of Southern Nevada, Michigan, Maryland (DC, MD, VA), and Biloxi and Tunica, Mississippi. Programs may fall in the areas of education, housing, health and wellness, veterans, and senior services.
A complete list of eligible focus areas is as follows:
- Affordable Housing
- Economic Opportunity/ Workforce Development
- Education K-12
- Family Services
- Food Insecurity
- Health and Wellness
- Services for Seniors
- Services for Veterans and Military Families
GrantWatch ID#: 175538
Continued or expanded agencies/projects/programs: If your organization is currently providing qualifying services, you may be eligible for a per year maximum grant of $80,000 in Southern Nevada, $15,000 in Michigan and Biloxi, Mississippi, and $10,000 in Tunica, Mississippi and Maryland (DC, MD, VA).
Note: If an agency receives funding for more than one project or program, the agency cannot receive a cumulative total of more than $90,000 per year in Southern Nevada,$25,000 in Michigan and Biloxi, Mississippi, and $15,000 in Tunica, Mississippi and Maryland (DC, MD, VA).
MGM Resorts Foundation grants are for a one-year period and do not automatically renew.
To qualify for a Foundation grant your agency must meet the following requirements:
- Record of operating as an IRS 501(c) (3) organization for a minimum of 36 months
- Provide services within the regions where MGM Resorts International employees live, work and care for their families (Southern Nevada, Michigan, Mississippi, and Maryland (DC, MD,VA) areas)
- Provide services for people, i.e., individuals, families and children
- Comply with the diversity and inclusion policies of MGM Resorts International: your organization may not discriminate, either in employment or its delivery of services, on any basis prohibited by law or the diversity and inclusion policies of MGM Resorts International, including race, national origin, color, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion, disability or perceived disability, or veteran status.
The MGM Resorts Foundation will not fund the following types of organizations/agencies or activities:
- Governmental agencies
- Public schools
- Privately funded, tuition-based schools
- Projects/programs that are exclusively devoted to medical research
- Religious organizations that do not have valid 501(c)(3) status, and that do not provide services open to the general public
- Pass-through agencies (organizations whose staff do not provide direct client services but who then distribute funding to third party organizations to provide projects/programs and services)
- Special events and/or fundraising activities of nonprofit agencies/organizations
- Capital campaigns or endowment funds
- Candidates for public office, political campaigns, ballot measures (such as an initiative or referendum, political endorsements, support for legislation, or other political issues
- Athletic or recreational programs
Applications will close at 5 pm PST on September 28, 2018.
Please download the Certification Page from the Supporting Documents section below. The signed and dated document needs to be uploaded as part of your application.
Note: If you are applying for more than one project or program: You must submit a separate application for each program. Programs may not be combined on one proposal submission.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1912?SA=SNA&FID=35011
If you have any questions about the 2017-2018 Grant Process or The MGM Resorts Foundation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Maryland; Michigan; Mississippi: Biloxi and Tunica; Nevada: Southern region; Virginia; Washington, DC