Foundation / Corporation
Pikes Peak Community Foundation (PPCF) - Edson Foundation
Grant of $10,000 and in-kind support to a Pikes Peak region, Colorado nonprofit to increase capacity building and sustainability with start-up financing and a social enterprise development program. Funding is intended to support nonprofit start-up costs and planning, and technical assistance.
The Edson Foundation is dedicated to supporting innovative ideas in the social impact sector. In 2018, The Edson Foundation started a new funding initiative in partnership with The Quad and the Colorado Institute for Social Impact (CI4SI). The partnership is designed to help nonprofit organizations build their capacity for social enterprise with assistance from students and faculty from the Region’s four colleges and universities.
There will be one award package which will include the following: A grant to assist in technical assistance, planning and start-up costs; Participation in a six month social enterprise development program; and Program Related Investment (zero or low-interest loan) to launch the social enterprise.
The capital available through the Edson Foundation is appropriate for nonprofits whose enterprises are just entering the “start-up” phase. They have a vision and understand the issue that they are trying to address but they have not started the business. The four stages are: vision, startup, growth, and established.
For program details please see https://www.ppcf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/2019-Social-Enterprise-Capital-LOI.pdf#page=2
GrantWatch ID#: 175594
Opportunity from Edson Foundation:
- Grant of $10,000 for technical assistance, planning and start-up costs for the nonprofit
- Program Related Investment (low-interest loan) of up to $40,000 to launch a social enterprise
- Six months social enterprise development program with a team of talented, hand-picked university students and faculty through the Quad Innovation Partnership. The Quad is a joint initiative between Colorado College, Pikes Peak Community College, UCCS and the US Air Force Academy.
Participation in a six month social enterprise development program, June - December 2019.
- Be a 501(c)3 serving the Pikes Peak Region
- Have a developed vision for a social enterprise that is still in ideation phase
- The social enterprise must also be mission related
If selected, 1-2 representatives from your organization must be available for approximately 3-5 hours per week to meet with the advisors at the Quad from June – December, 2019.
Nonprofits are invited to attend a training provided by Colorado Institute for Social Impact on March 20th. Topic: How Social Enterprise Can Build Nonprofit Sustainability.
Edson Foundation will partner with the Colorado Institute for Social Impact (CI4SI) to offer training on the following topics. This training is open to all nonprofits and strongly encouraged for any nonprofit who plans to submit an LOI for start-up capital and selection into the social enterprise development program with the Quad Innovation Partnership.
Time: 9 am-Noon
Location: UCCS Downtown (102 S Tejon St., STE 105-A)
8:30 – 10:00 AM: How Social Enterprise Can Build Sustainability for Nonprofits
10:00 – 10:30 AM: Overview of the Edson Foundation opportunity and how to apply
10:30 – 11:30 AM: So You Have an Idea? Put Your Plan on a Page
Ask questions and discuss your social enterprise idea with CI4SI, the Quad, and Pikes Peak Community Foundation
RSVP to attend:
- March 20: Nonprofit Training – Using Social Enterprise for Sustainability
- April 9: LOIs are due to Pikes Peak Community Foundation. Do not deliver via regular mail or in person. Only electronic applications will be accepted.
- April 24: Nonprofit selected for inclusion in program
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Completed LOIs can be sent to email@example.com.
For more information on the Edson Foundation, contact Samuel Clark at (719) 445-0605, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
102 S Tejon St #530
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Pikes Peak Region
USA: Colorado: Pikes Peak Region