Foundation / Corporation
Grants to Nebraska nonprofit organizations for programs and projects that benefit those living in Lincoln and Lancaster County, and in other communities where the funding source and its affiliated companies have operations. Funding emphasis is in the areas of health and human services, education, civic/community, and the environment.
Priorities for each of these areas are outlined below.
1. Education: A strong emphasis is placed on post-secondary education. The Foundation supports the improvement of teaching and learning.
2. Human Services: The Foundation supports programs to improve the awareness and use of human service programs. United Way agencies should not apply for program support under this category; funding for capital campaigns will be considered.
3. Civic/Community: The Foundation provides support for projects that enhance the community as a whole. The emphasis here would be for "brick and mortar" project requests.
4. Arts and Culture: The Foundation supports arts and humanities programs that will enhance the community through education, performance, and creativity.
5. Environment: The Foundation supports programs that help protect and teach about endangered or threatened species and the natural environment they require to survive.
GrantWatch ID#: 175614
The Foundation supports projects in Nebraska, primarily in Lincoln and Lancaster County, as well as communities where NEBCO and its affiliated companies have operations.
The Foundation does not fund non-501(c)(3) organizations; endowments; individuals; businesses; private foundations; religious issues; travel; or membership.
The Foundation does not accept applications from organizations: (a) that have had requests approved or declined in the past 12 months; or (b) that are currently received payments for a multi-year grant.
The Abel Foundation meets in May, August and December each year, but applications may not be reviewed at every meeting. Applications qualifying for review will be considered within 1 to 3 months of receipt. Grant application deadlines are: March 31, July 15 and October 31.
Funding priorities: http://www.abelfoundation.org/funding.htm
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
1815 Y ST
P.O. BOX 80268
Lincoln, NE 68501
USA: Nebraska: Lincoln and Lancaster County, as well as communities where NEBCO and its affiliated companies have operations