Foundation / Corporation
Sturgis Area Community Foundation (SACF)
Grants to Sturgis Area, Michigan nonprofit organizations for programs that serve the needs of the community and enhance the quality of life for residents. Priority areas of funding include child abuse, alcohol and drug abuse, drunk driving, teen pregnancy, juvenile crime, and school dropouts.
The Foundation prefers to fund:
- Seed money for start-up of innovative projects
- Programs serving the Sturgis area community
- Programs to leverage grants from other sources
- Programs which address prevention as well as treatment
- Programs which collaborate with several agencies
- Programs likely to be continuous and self-supporting
GrantWatch ID#: 175623
Grant money must be paid out within one year of approval.
To be eligible for support, organizations and institutions must have tax exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
The Sturgis Area Community Foundation prefers not to fund:
- Existing obligations or debts
- Religious programs that appear to serve a specific religious denomination
- Fundraising events
- The Fall Application is due November 1.
- The Spring Application is due by the first Friday in March.
Applicants may contact any Board member or the Foundation office for details about the application form or procedures.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To complete and print the cover sheet: http://sturgisfoundation.org/form_yac_sturgis.php
Return completed applications to:
Sturgis Area Community Foundation
310 N. Franks Avenue
Sturgis, MI 49091
Co-Directors: John Wiedlea and Mary Dresser
Manager of Operations: Shelly Luce
Phone: (269) 659-8508
Fax: (269) 659-4539
USA: Michigan: Sturgis Area