Foundation / Corporation
Matching grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Tompkins County, New York nonprofits for marketing campaigns that promote tourism and overnight stays in the area. Eligible projects are those that demonstrate a strong likelihood of significant visitor participation or attendance, as well as overnight stays in County hotels, motels, and bed and breakfast establishments. Priority will be given to projects that hold potential to draw visitors during the mid-week and/or from mid-November through April.
Projects must show how they will draw and/or serve visitors, especially overnight visitors, to Tompkins County. The primary focus is on out-of-county attendance from areas at least 90 miles from Ithaca, including major cities and small towns. Projects limited to serving the local community without a strategy for growth and regional outreach are not likely to be funded. All applicants are required to document past visitor attendance and set specific goals for future visitor attendance, as well as to outline strategies for collecting this data.
The following expenses are eligible only if they are targeted to visitors outside of Tompkins County:
- Print, radio, and television advertising
- Direct mail
- Permission-based email campaigns
- Website enhancements likely to increase tourism
- Web and social media marketing that increases traffic of potential visitors
- Production and/or distribution of collateral material
- Other types of targeted tourism marketing investments
Technical assistance from the CVB will be available to support successful grant awardees in the following areas:
- Market identification
- Vacation / destination package development
- Development of data collection mechanisms
- Demographic and market research
- Advertising design and layout
- Procurement of targeted mailing lists
GrantWatch ID#: 175719
Award Range: $1,000 to $5,000. Joint applications are eligible for additional funding.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.commongrantapplication.com/register.php?refOrgId=70636&refProgId=686&refProgType=grantsNew
Principal Planner / Tourism Program Director
USA: New York: Tompkins County