Foundation / Corporation
Wayne County Community Foundation (WCCF)
Grants to Wayne County, Pennsylvania nonprofit organizations for programs that improve the quality of life for local residents. Funding will be awarded to programs in the areas of education, community development, arts, environment, culture, literacy, health, and human services.
The Foundation encourages the following program proposals:
- Applications for seed money for new programs or new dimensions to existing ones;
- Applications for transitional funds for programs that have recently lost a secure source of funding and have a proven record of meeting community needs.
- Collaborative efforts among multiple agencies to address high priority community needs
The Foundation encourages the following project proposals:
- Proposals for resources to significantly enhance an agency’s ability to operate effectively or improve services;
- Proposals that are integral to the success of new or existing program;
- Proposals for resources associated with new or newly renovated facilities.
GrantWatch ID#: 175769
Organizations meeting the following description may apply for a grant:
- Nonprofit charitable organizations exempt from federal income taxes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Nonprofit agencies who serve the people of Wayne County
- Nonprofit organizations registered with the Pa. Bureau of Charitable Organizations
- Multiple projects from an organization during the same year
- Advertising, public relations, or media events or expense
- Individual conferences and trips
- Agencies with taxing authority
- Public, private, or charter schools (See Grant Programs – Education)
- Scholarships (See Scholarships)
- Umbrella agencies for the purpose of re-granting
- Applications that have been denied in a previous grant cycle unless recommended by the Board’s Grants Committee
- Sectarian religious agencies unless event or activity is open to other denominations
- Deficit financing
- Routine operating expenses
- Political lobbying efforts or campaigns
- Organizations located outside Wayne County
Grant applications may be submitted at any time and will be reviewed quarterly by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. Generally, in order for grants to be reviewed in a timely fashion the following quarterly due dates should be followed: Feb 1, May 1, Aug 1, and Nov 1.
Grantmaking Information: http://waynefoundation.org/grantmaking/
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To apply: http://waynefoundation.org/grantmaking/grant-application/
The Wayne County Community Foundation
214 Ninth St.
Honesdale, PA 18431
Paul J. Edwards, Executive Director
Phone: (570) 251-9993
USA: Pennsylvania: Wayne County