Foundation / Corporation
Level Field Fund (LFF)
Grants to USA talented athletes to participate in world-class athletic competitions and pursue excellence in their sport of choice. Funding is intended to cover costs related to coaching, training, equipment, and event participation, including travel expenses.
Funding evaluation shall include assessment of an applicant’s:
- Financial need
- Unique athletic potential
- Requested use of funds
- Availability of alternative sources of funding
- NCAA amateur eligibility status
GrantWatch ID#: 175816
Benefits of the Level Field Fund shall be limited to uniquely talented applicants who are current residents of the United States.
Financial Hardship Standard:
- Applicants shall be required to submit as part of their Level Field Fund application a breakdown of their income sources and nondiscretionary expenses
- Level Field Fund benefits shall only be provided to applicants demonstrating a qualified need resulting from deficient income to meet nondiscretionary expenses plus the identified funding required for training, coaching, equipment and/or event participation, including related travel expenses, that cannot be satisfied through other sources.
Recipients shall not use grant funds in any manner other than to cover the expenses specified in the grant award.
Grant applications submitted:
- Through February 15 will be evaluated for funding decisions by the early spring (April)
- Through May 15 will be evaluated for funding decisions by early summer (July)
- Through August 15 will be evaluated for funding decisions by early fall (October)
- Through November 15 will be evaluated for funding decisions by early winter (January)
Benefits under this program shall not duplicate or displace benefits available from other sources, except that benefits may be given to supplement otherwise available funding where it can be shown that such funding does not or only partly meets a demonstrated need.
More about the grant: http://www.levelfieldfund.org/about
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Submit applications to:
The Level Field Fund
P.O. Box 7532
Portland, ME 04112-7532
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming