Foundation / Corporation
10/15/18 11:45 PM - Annual Grant applications only; Mini Grant applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Grants to Union County, Arkansas nonprofits and governmental agencies to support programs and services that address the prevention crime and violence in the community. Funding is intended for operations, capital, and evidence-based projects/programs to reduce community violence and to increase community health and well-being.
Funding will be considered for projects which are evidenced based and implement crime and violence prevention and/or intervention strategies in the areas identified below for community involvement and family support. The SHARE Foundation Mini-Grant Program is designed to provide small amounts of money, within a brief period of time, for a specific and limited purpose.
Funding Priority Areas:
Mentoring and Role Models:
- Will have caring, competent and consistent mentors for at-risk children
- Individuals in need of a support system will have a successful transition into their communities
Neighborhood Watches - Clean Neighborhoods:
- The community’s role in crime prevention will increase
- Residents will live, work and play in safe and clean neighborhoods
- Positive family and social relations will be enhanced
Jobs and Targeted Education:
- Citizens will be gainfully employed
- Barriers to employment will be broken down
Mental Health, Substance and Drug Abuse:
- Access to mental health services and substance abuse prevention; and treatment options will be expanded
GrantWatch ID#: 175850
The maximum mini-grant award is $1,000.
Grants will be awarded to qualifying organizations that are:
A. Public (governmental) agencies or tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code;
B. Located in or have evidence based programs operating within Union County; or have evidence based programs that would have a direct impact on Union County.
SHARE Foundation does not fund:
A. Direct support to individuals
B. For-profit entities
C. Disease specific organizations seeking support for national projects and programs
E. Trips, tours, or travel to professional meetings
F. Projects or programs of religions, fraternal, athletic, or veterans groups when the primary beneficiaries of such undertakings would be their own members
G. Social events or similar fund-raising activities
I. Grants awarded for an indeterminate period of time
J. Social or political action programs that advocate a specific point of view.
- October 15 by 11:45 PM - Annual Grant Cycle
- No deadline for Mini Grants
Grant awards are made by the SHARE Foundation Board of Directors on an annual basis in January.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Debbie Watts, Vice President of Community Impact
Phone: (870) 881-9015
Fax: (870) 881-9017
403 West Oak, Suite 100
El Dorado, AR 71730
USA: Arkansas: Union County