Foundation / Corporation
Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation (SFACF)
10/15/17 11:59 PM CDT
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $4,000 to South Dakota nonprofits for new or existing programs and projects in the greater Sioux Falls area that promote animal welfare, health, safety, and prevention of cruelty. For the purposes of these grants, the greater Sioux Falls area includes Minnehaha, Lincoln, Turner, and McCook Counties, and communities within a 25-mile radius of the City of Sioux Falls.
Proposals that aim to enhance the habitat and living conditions of cats, dogs, other household pets, and animals of all kind and nature are eligible for consideration. Programs that utilize animals for the benefit of man as companions or protectors will also be considered.
Proposals may be for new or existing programs, and grants may cover total activity costs or some portion thereof.
GrantWatch ID#: 175858
Typical grants range from $2,000 to $4,000.
Nonprofits in the Greater Sioux Falls Area are eligible.
SFACF’s Grant Committee considers grant requests for:
- Programs that require start-up funds to address important community needs or opportunities
- Expansion of programs that meet important community needs or opportunities
- Assistance to organizations weathering unforeseen or unusual financial crises
- Programs that increase an organization’s capacity to advance its mission more efficiently or effectively
- Programs or studies that inform the community’s understanding of needs or opportunities.
Ineligible Requests - The grants committee does not consider grant requests for:
- National fundraising efforts
- Political advocacy
- Sectarian religious programs
- Programs or projects not serving residents of Minnehaha, Lincoln, McCook, or Turner Counties.
Requests That Are Discouraged - SFACF discourages requests for:
- Large capital improvements or construction drives
- Ongoing operational support (one to three years of operational support may occasionally be provided for smaller nonprofits beginning or expanding their operations or weathering a financial crisis)
- Reducing or eliminating organizational deficits
- Reimbursement of expenses for programs or projects undertaken prior to submission of a grant application
- Computer hardware and software, unless it is part of a request for a new or enhanced program or when equipment is the focus of the program
- Public art, unless the request is made by a community group that has secured approval for its acceptance and placement
- Programs or projects that require a multi-year commitment of grant support. Typically, SFACF grants are for one year. If you have sustainability questions, please contact SFACF’s program officer.
- Grants Available: August 15
- Grant Applications Due: October 15
- Grant recipients will be announced in October.
Eligibility and General Guidelines:
Click here for further guidelines:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online at:
For more information, contact Program Officer, Patrick Gale, at firstname.lastname@example.org. SFACF’s office is located at 200 N. Cherapa Place, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57103-2205.
USA: South Dakota: Greater Sioux Falls Area (which includes Minnehaha, Lincoln, Turner, and McCook Counties and communities within a 25-mile radius of Sioux Falls)