Foundation / Corporation
ACM Lifting Lives
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 to USA nonprofit organizations for music education and music therapy programs. Funding is intended to support educational programming, music projects, therapy, and the purchase of equipment and instruments for schools, camps, hospitals, nursing homes, and other centers. Preference is given to underserved and at-risk populations.
ACM Lifting Lives is dedicated to improving lives through the power of music. Specifically through the grants cycle, Lifting Lives funds programs that promote education and healing through music.
Funding is intended for:
- Music education or artist-in-residence programs
- Music therapy or programs facilitating healing through music
- Purchase or repair of musical instruments
- Purchase or repairs of music-related equipment (equipment includes, but is not limited to, computers, software and recording equipment)
Types of Programs Include:
- Music education programs in schools, especially for at-risk, underserved populations
- Start-up programs for (or to prevent dissolution of) music education in grades K-12
Music as Therapy:
- Music education programs for special needs schools and camps
- Music therapy programs in hospices and hospitals
- Music instruments and music programs for the disabled
- Music therapy programs in retirement homes and nursing centers
- Musical instruments and music programs for the military
- Music-related relief programs in communities devastated by natural disasters
GrantWatch ID#: 175928
Grant amounts generally range from $5,000 to $10,000.
Only IRS tax exempt 501(c)(3) entities are eligible for funding.
Lifting Lives Grants do not fund:
- Fundraisers or endowments
- Organizations not based in the United States
- Purchase of collections
- Recording projects, demo tapes or performance events for commercial purposes
- Proposals for commercial purposes (such as CD reissues or textbook/A/V package)
- Competitions or any expense associated with competitions
- Marketing, publicity or design costs
- Capital campaigns
The grant application must be received by the ACM Lifting Lives office on or before October 1, 2018. Applications should be mailed to Tommy Moore at ACM Lifting Lives.
Duplicate applications may be submitted electronically, but the ACM Lifting Lives office will only consider an application timely if a hard copy of the application has been received by the above deadline.
Notification of grant decisions will be made on or before November 23, 2018.
All questions should be directed via email to Tommy Moore.
Each organization may send only one funding application for one program to be funded through ACM Lifting Lives in any given year.
ACM Lifting Lives desires that programs applying for Lifting Lives grants make best efforts to meet the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Standards (available at http://www.bbb.org/us/Charity-Standards/).
Downloadable application form: https://www.acmliftinglives.org/application-form
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Mail completed applications to:
ACM Lifting Lives
5500 Balboa Boulevard
Encino, California 91316
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming