Foundation / Corporation
ACM Lifting Lives
Grants ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 to USA nonprofits for music therapy and education programs that improve lives and help participants heal. Preference is given to organizations that target at-risk and underserved populations and that demonstrate the greatest financial need.
Funding is intended for:
- Music education or artist-in-residence programs
- Music therapy or programs facilitating healing through music
- Purchase or repair of musical instruments
- Purchase or repairs of music-related equipment (equipment includes, but is not limited to, computers, software and recording equipment)
Types of Programs Include:
- Music education programs in schools, especially for at-risk, underserved populations
- Start-up programs for (or to prevent dissolution of) music education in grades K-12
Music as Therapy:
- Music education programs for special needs schools and camps
- Music therapy programs in hospices and hospitals
- Music instruments and music programs for the disabled
- Music therapy programs in retirement homes and nursing centers
- Musical instruments and music programs for the military
- Music-related relief programs in communities devastated by natural disasters
GrantWatch ID#: 175928
Grant amounts generally range from $5,000 to $10,000.
Only IRS tax exempt 501(c)(3) entities are eligible for funding.
Lifting Lives Grants do not fund:
- Fundraisers or endowments
- Organizations not based in the United States
- Purchase of collections
- Recording projects, demo tapes or performance events for commercial purposes
- Proposals for commercial purposes (such as CD reissues or textbook/A/V package)
- Competitions or any expense associated with competitions
- Marketing, publicity or design costs
- Capital campaigns
The 2017 grant application will be posted on September 1, 2017. One hard copy of the grant application must be received by the ACM Lifting Lives® office on or before September 29, 2017. Notification of grant decisions will be made on or before November 13, 2017. No phone calls, please.
Each organization may send only one funding application for one program to be funded through ACM Lifting Lives in any given year.
ACM Lifting Lives desires that programs applying for Lifting Lives grants make best efforts to meet the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Standards (available at http://www.bbb.org/us/Charity-Standards/).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Direct all questions to:
Mail applications to:
ACM Lifting Lives
5500 Balboa Boulevard
Encino, California 91316
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming