Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut
10/02/17 5:00 PM EDT
Grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 to Northeast Connecticut area nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and government agencies for programs and projects that benefit local women and girls. Applicants should contact staff
prior to applying. For the purposes of these grants, the Northeast Connecticut region includes Brooklyn, Canterbury, Eastford, Hampton, Killingly, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Sterling, Thompson, and Woodstock.
Priority for funding will be given to proposals for programs and projects that:
- Empower women and girls to make positive life decisions;
- Promote healthy relationships and reduce domestic violence; and
- Advance family economic security and help women enter or re-enter the workforce.
Additional preference is given to programs that demonstrate collaboration among service providers.
GrantWatch ID#: 175969
Eligible applicants may submit grant requests for amounts between $1,000 and $5,000.
Eligible applicants include nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation from the IRS or organizations using a nonprofit fiscal agent; municipal or governmental agencies; and other charitable organizations that serve women and/or girls in Northeast Connecticut (see Geographic Focus below).
- Grants may not support individuals, routine operating expenses, capital campaigns, litigation, deficit funding, endowment campaigns, for-profit organizations or religious programming.
- Funding will not be considered for projects that are typically supported by public funds.
- The Foundation recommends that all grantseekers speak with Deb Battit, program officer, before beginning a Grant Application (see Contact Information section below).
- Grant Applications are accepted through 5:00 pm, Monday, October 2, 2017.
- Grants will be awarded by early December.
- General Eligibility Criteria for Grants:
- Guidelines and Application Information:
- All grant applications must include a detailed budget for the program for which funds are requested.
- Last year's grant recipients must submit a final or interim Grant Report in order to be eligible for 2017 funding. All Reports must be submitted through the on-line system. The link to the Grant Report application may be found on the Foundation's website at www.cfect.org.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to apply online:
Please contact Deb Battit, program officer, at 860-442-3572 or 877-442-3572 (toll-free) or Deb@cfect.org.
USA: Connecticut: Brooklyn, Canterbury, Eastford, Hampton, Killingly, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Sterling, Thompson and Woodstock