Foundation / Corporation
viaSport British Columbia
06/20/19 11:59 PM PDT
Grants of up to $35,000 to British Columbia nonprofits, sports organizations, community organizations, agencies, and federally or provincially registered societies to promote tourism and economic development by hosting high-performance sporting events. Funding is intended to build British Columbia's reputation as a major destination for sports events. An application is eligible for funding if the grant will be used only for operating costs of events that take place in British Columbia.
Priority of Hosting BC grants are for:
- International, National and Western Canadian Championships
- Provincial and University National Championships, Regional Events, and Invitational Events that clearly fulfill a hosting void in the community
- Events that fit within the Train to Train, Train to Compete, and Train to Win stages of the CS4L framework.
The goals of the program are to:
- Strengthen sport, economic, and community impacts in alignment with one of the provincial priorities of high-performance sports excellence;
- Generate economic and tourism impacts in the host community;
- Help communities, organizations, and volunteers enhance their event hosting capacity to attract larger, more prestigious events;
- Build BC’s international profile and reputation as an exceptional major event host; and
- Support the high-performance development pathway for BC’s athletes based on the Canadian Sport for Life (CS4L) framework.
For a list of eligible sports, see:
GrantWatch ID#: 176006
Up to $35,000. For a list of maximum funding amounts according to type of event, see Appendix 2 (page 8) of the guidelines.
The event must take place between August 1 2019 and October 31 2020.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Canada: British Columbia