Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Summit (JLS)
11/15/18 Postmarked or Electronically Date-Stamped
Grants to New Jersey nonprofits for programs and projects that will positively impact the lives of children and families in eligible communities. The funding source is particularly interested in supporting projects that focus on alleviating food insufficiency and providing community essentials within the service area (Berkeley Heights, Chatham, New Providence, and Summit).
Grants awarded by the Junior League of Summit are intended to:
- Effect positive community change.
- Provide seed money for start-up programs and projects.
- Promote voluntarism through partnerships with local organizations and the JLS.
- Promote, when appropriate, collaboration among community groups.
- Support organizations whose volunteers include JLS members.
- Include a partnership opportunity for JLS volunteers to participate directly with the requesting organization to assist in implementing project(s) for which grant monies are awarded.
GrantWatch ID#: 176022
While there is no predetermined individual grant request cap, the grant fund is limited, and partial funding of projects will be considered.
All Community Grant requests must meet the following criteria:
- Requesting organizations must provide documentation of 501(c)(3) or other tax-exempt status.
- The Junior League encourages the submission of applications for projects supporting food insufficiencies and providing community essentials.
- Organizations are limited to one grant during a fiscal year.
- Funds are not available for individual scholarships or endowment funds.
- Funds are not available for general operating expenses (including salary, overhead, and rent) of established ongoing programs, except in instances when the ongoing program is related to supporting food insufficiencies and providing community essentials.
Please note the deadline for all Community Grant applications is November 15, 2018. Grant requests will be voted on by the JLS Board of Directors, and all applicants will be notified by January 30, 2019. Grants will be awarded in March, 2019.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically via e-mail.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically via e-mail to the JLS office at email@example.com.
Contact the office with any questions:
The Junior League of Summit, Inc.
Hallee Dangler, Chairwoman
Community Assistance Committee
37 DeForest Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
USA: New Jersey: Berkeley Heights, Chatham, New Providence, and Summit