Foundation / Corporation
Junior League of Summit (JLS)
11/15/17 Postmarked or Electronically Date-Stamped
Grants of up to $25,000 to New Jersey nonprofits for programs and projects that will positively impact the lives of children and families in eligible communities. The funding source is particularly interested in supporting projects that focus on alleviating food insufficiency and providing community essentials within the service area (Berkeley Heights, Chatham, New Providence, and Summit).
Grants awarded by the Junior League of Summit are intended to:
- Effect positive community change.
- Provide seed money for start-up programs and projects.
- Promote voluntarism through partnerships with local organizations and the JLS.
- Promote, when appropriate, collaboration among community groups.
- Support organizations whose volunteers include JLS members.
- Include a partnership opportunity for JLS volunteers to participate directly with the requesting organization to assist in implementing project(s) for which grant monies are awarded.
GrantWatch ID#: 176022
Up to $25,000
All Community Grant requests must meet the following criteria:
- Requesting organizations must provide documentation of 501(c)(3) or other tax-exempt status.
- The Junior League encourages the submission of applications for projects supporting food insufficiencies and providing community essentials.
- Organizations are limited to one grant during a fiscal year.
- Funds are not available for individual scholarships or endowment funds.
- Funds are not available for general operating expenses (including salary, overhead, and rent) of established ongoing programs, except in instances when the ongoing program is related to supporting food insufficiencies and providing community essentials.
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the application.
The JLS will notify all applicants of its decision regarding applications by January 30, 2018, and
grants will be awarded in March, 2018. Applications must be postmarked or electronically date-stamped by November 15, 2017 and may be submitted by mail or email (though emailed applications are preferred).
Note: A copy of your organization’s 501 (c) (3) form or proof of other tax-exempt status must also be attached for consideration.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Applications may be submitted to:
The Junior League of Summit, Inc.
Hallee Dangler, Chairwoman
Community Assistance Committee
37 DeForest Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
email@example.com (attn: Hallee Dangler)
Junior League of Summit
37 DeForest Avenue
Summit, New Jersey 07901
USA: New Jersey: Berkeley Heights, Chatham, New Providence, and Summit