Foundation / Corporation
02/01/18 5:00 PM
Grants to Oklahoma nonprofit organizations and educational institutions for activities in the areas of arts and culture, education, humanitarian and social services, animal welfare, and scientific research. LOIs are due December 1. Applicants are advised to consult with program staff prior to beginning the application process.
Major areas of support by the Sarkeys Foundation include:
2. Social service and human service needs;
3. Cultural and humanitarian programs of regional significance.
Challenge Grants: The Board may, at its discretion, determine to award a grant contingent upon the fulfillment of an institution’s additional fundraising obligation for the project in question within a specified time period.
GrantWatch ID#: 176025
The Sarkeys Foundation is a private, charitable foundation, incorporated under the laws of the State of Oklahoma and operated exclusively for providing support through gifts and grants to charitable, scientific, and educational institutions which are qualified under section 501(c)(3) and which are not private foundations within the meaning of section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Service Code of 1954 or comparable sections of the Internal Revenue Service Code added at a later date.
The Trustees invite proposals and applications from qualified charitable institutions. To qualify, a 501(c)(3) agency must be headquartered and provide services in Oklahoma.
Needs normally outside the range of support by the Sarkeys Foundation:
1. Local programs appropriately financed within the community;
2. Direct mail solicitations and annual campaigns;
3. Out of state institutions;
5. Operating expenses;
6. Purchase of vehicles;
7. Grants to individuals;
8. Responsibility for permanent financing of a program;
9. Programs whose ultimate intent is to be profit making;
10. Start-up funding for new organizations;
11. Feasibility studies;
12. Grants which trigger expenditure responsibility by Sarkeys Foundation;
13. Direct support to government agencies;
14. Individual public or private elementary or secondary schools, unless they are serving the needs of a special population which are not being met elsewhere; and
15. Religious institutions and their subsidiaries.
An initial call to either our Executive Director, Kim Henry, or a program officer, Susan Frantz or Linda English Week is the first step in the application process. Speaking to a program officer will help you learn whether your agency or project is a good fit for Sarkeys.
Successful applicants will be notified two weeks after the Letter of Intent deadline and will be given information to complete an online application. There are no exceptions made for applications or parts of applications submitted after the deadline.
Letters of Inquiry are due in the office by 5:00 PM, Thursday, June 1, 2017 for the Tuesday, August 1, 2017 grant deadline.
Letters of Inquiry are due in the office by 5:00 PM, Friday, December 1, 2017 for the Wednesday, February 1, 2018 grant deadline.
Full Proposal deadlines are February 1 and August 1 of each year. Should that date fall on a Saturday or Sunday, the deadline will be the following Monday. The online application must be submitted by 5:00 PM of the deadline date.
The Trustees meet quarterly in January, April, July and October. Grant proposals are considered at the April and October meetings.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
530 East Main St.
Norman, OK 73071