Foundation / Corporation
Montana Community Foundation - Community Foundation of Northern Rosebud County (CFNRC)
Grants of up to $1,000 and grants of up to $2,500 to Montana nonrofit organizations and government entities for youth development and projects to improve the quality of life in Northern Rosebud County, including Forsyth, Ingomar, Angela, and Rosebud. Funding is intended for the focus areas of:
- Youth and Education
- Recreation, Arts, and Culture
- Basic Human Services
- Community and Economic Development
- Natural Resources, Conservation, and the Environment
- Health Care Services
- Emergency Services
- Historic Preservation
Applicants may apply under one of two funding streams:
- CFNRC Grants will range in size from $100 to $2,500. Projects can be new improvements or can enhance the capacity of existing facilities, upgrade physical structures or improve the quality of life for residents.
- Edna Olson Youth Grants will range in size from $100 to $1,000. This fund grants moneys for projects specifically targeting youth, 18 years and younger. Due to the nature of youth activities, these grants are not strictly tied to the asset building of facilities, but more to the development of youth as an asset of the future.
The granting process is competitive. Eligible projects will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Provides a direct benefit to local, area residents by enhancing the quality of life now and into the future.
- Creates long term asset building and is sustainable.
- Addresses important, unmet community needs.
- Demonstrates wide spread support. Applicant works with other entities to develop and/or increase project support such as funding or in-kind
GrantWatch ID#: 176036
- CFNRC Grants will range in size from $100 to $2,500.
- Edna Olson Youth Grants will range in size from $100 to $1,000.
The proposed timeline must show the project being completed within one year.
Applicants must either be a 501(c)(3), a tax exempt government entity, or be fiscally sponsored by one of these. If the applicant is affiliated with a government entity such as a school, city or county, contact your administration office regarding grant receipt policies.
Projects must benefit northern Rosebud County and the communities of Forsyth, Angela, Ingomar and Rosebud.
The CFNRC will not support the following kinds of activities:
- Conferences and workshops.
- Planning, research or untested projects.
- Partisan or sectarian activities.
- Normal organizational annual operating and maintenance expense
Participating in a grant writing training is recommended. Contact Jennifer Anderson for more information (see Contact Information below).
Grant Application Due Dates:
- Spring: March 1st
- Fall: October 2nd
Demonstrating partnerships and community support is extremely important. The Foundation is not likely to fund 100% of any project. Money, labor, and in-kind donations are all helpful in partnering.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Contact Contact Jennifer Anderson, 346-7320, for grant writing workshop information or for assistance in completing the application.
Direct application packets to:
PO Box 1395
Forsyth, MT 59327
USA: Montana: Northern Rosebud County and the communities of Forsyth, Angela, Ingomar, and Rosebud